Mauko

Jul 16, 2019
Finland
Mudguards in mail
MVIMG_20190921_141442.jpg

d3ftone

May 29, 2019
Colorado
Haha yeah I kind took a leap of faith with the mag pedals but I'm liking them a lot. My feet do stay on the pedals better than the horizon pro/five ten flats combo I was using. I got the 200N version and I think they could be a touch stronger, something like 225 might be perfect. Using Giro Chamber (1st version) shoes with them.

The Push has been great, picked it up used off Pinkbike. It was tuned for another bike that also has an ML tune, thought that might be good enough. Push doesn't have a tune for the Decoy last I checked. I'm actually about to experiment with a CC DB Coil with a longer than stock stroke (but same eye to eye length) to get more travel out of the rear, wish me luck.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Haha yeah I kind took a leap of faith with the mag pedals but I'm liking them a lot. My feet do stay on the pedals better than the horizon pro/five ten flats combo I was using. I got the 200N version and I think they could be a touch stronger, something like 225 might be perfect. Using Giro Chamber (1st version) shoes with them.

The Push has been great, picked it up used off Pinkbike. It was tuned for another bike that also has an ML tune, thought that might be good enough. Push doesn't have a tune for the Decoy last I checked. I'm actually about to experiment with a CC DB Coil with a longer than stock stroke (but same eye to eye length) to get more travel out of the rear, wish me luck.

F ya, on that longer stroke cc db coil. Ive been wondering about long stroking the bike. I guess you could do that with the 11/6 if the cc works out. I had really good luck with a cc db coil on my old rune. Worked amazing and zero issues. Please update how that long stroke works!!

d3ftone

May 29, 2019
Colorado
F ya, on that longer stroke cc db coil. Ive been wondering about long stroking the bike. I guess you could do that with the 11/6 if the cc works out. I had really good luck with a cc db coil on my old rune. Worked amazing and zero issues. Please update how that long stroke works!!

I contacted Push about that and they said 65mm is the longest the stroke can be in that e2e length. I'll let you know how it goes. I'll probably need to go to a 2.5 rather than the 2.8 in the back lol. I was also thinking I would use a single offset shock bushing (put in the high position) to help with bottom out clearance, if needed.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
I contacted Push about that and they said 65mm is the longest the stroke can be in that e2e length. I'll let you know how it goes. I'll probably need to go to a 2.5 rather than the 2.8 in the back lol. I was also thinking I would use a single offset shock bushing (put in the high position) to help with bottom out clearance, if needed.

Good one, sounds like it could work. Id be ok with a 2.5. Ive been thinking i wouldnt mind a dh casing 2.5 tire anyway. I seem to be abusing the tires a little more being able to pedal through awkward rocky sections with the eeb. I have confidence in michelin sidewalls but there still not dh casing. Wish theyd release their dh tires already. Pros have been on them for 2 years now. Enough testing already

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Looks like ext do custom sizing. I hear good things about these guys and better pricing than push, maybe even cheaper than CC.
Cane creek online site is weird. You have to input the bike to get a shock measurement. I wish they listed sizes. Id be happy with another CC. Where did you find the longer stroke one you found? DVO might be worth a phine call aa well. Both CC and DVO have new shocks built for the abuse emtb's put on them

d3ftone

May 29, 2019
Colorado
The CCDB Coil 230mm e2e can be converted to a 70mm stroke (177.7mm overall travel) from any other stroke length. I’ve also seen a 9x3” (76mm stroke, 193mm overall travel) but couldn’t get the guy to answer hardly any questions and he takes forever to respond (it’s still on pinkbike). Was able to pick up a 230x57.5 that I’ll convert to 70mm. I also just put a 200mm Boxxer on the bike ?. I’ll post pics after it’s all done.

d3ftone

May 29, 2019
Colorado
Soo the boxxer is awesome, but one big problem... in tight switchbacks the upper stanchions hit the frame not allowing tight turning. Welp, that was a quick experiment, back to the lyrik.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Soo the boxxer is awesome, but one big problem... in tight switchbacks the upper stanchions hit the frame not allowing tight turning. Welp, that was a quick experiment, back to the lyrik.

Damn. I was pretty hyped after your last post. Would a fox/zoke triple clamp give enough clearance?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles