May 24, 2019
Romania
New Shock.
IMG_20191117_124220.jpg

MTB_MIKE

Dec 20, 2019
Southern California, USA
Wow, DVO jade? How is it?
F’en Amazing. Rebound/LSC/HSC adjustments, bladder instead of IFP for only since $320 since its on sale right now at 20%. HSC adjustment is very important for a coil shock for me and its the cheapest coil available with it (I think). Other options are $500+.

If i’m on a 400lb spring at 29% sag, i can run less HSC and still use up all the travel. If i’m on a 350lb spring at 33% sag, i can increase HSC and not bottom out as hard. LSC doesnt do too much on a coil shock, its sensitive as hell so LSC does very little. Also who cares, it’s an ebike and I want maximum comfort anyways during the climbs and could care less about the tiny climbing efficiency gains. We’re on ebikes and usually don’t take breaks when i get to the top and start descending right away. I couldn't be bothered with a switch. On my acoustic bike, yes LSC helps a tad bit and every bit helps when your pedalling a normal bike

jabberwocky

Sep 9, 2019
Leesburg, VA
Damn did you snag the base model on Black Friday? Killer deals were to be had on that bike while they lasted.
The girlfriend had kinda taken over mine, so I got her her own while they were on sale. Crazy deal, $4400! She loves it. Shes less used to the low BB so I swapped the cranks for some miranda 155s and its perfect.

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA
The girlfriend had kinda taken over mine, so I got her her own while they were on sale. Crazy deal, $4400! She loves it. Shes less used to the low BB so I swapped the cranks for some miranda 155s and its perfect.

I did the same, miranda 155's and has really cut back/almost eliminated pedal strikes, keeping it in low all the time. Shorter cranks not noticeable/detrimental to me at all.

jabberwocky

Sep 9, 2019
Leesburg, VA
I did the same, miranda 155's and has really cut back/almost eliminated pedal strikes, keeping it in low all the time. Shorter cranks not noticeable/detrimental to me at all.

I was already considering a set for my bike, especially after riding the Shed with her and seeing her pedal through sections where I smacked my pedals if I tried. Probably should have just ordered two sets. :p

MTB_MIKE

Dec 20, 2019
Southern California, USA
mmmmmmmmm sprinkels..............

or I mean mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm coil.

Is that the base model?

Yep, base model with upgraded shock to a DVO Jade, 180mm Lyrik Ultimate conversion, 170mm dropper, 155mm cranks, carbon bars, & Vittoria Airliners in both tires (similar weight to Cushcore). With the 1lb pedals installed, the total weight is about 54lbs!!! It’s really Heavy.

A80D1566-815B-43EC-A112-44127EC086B9.jpeg

Last edited:

Crash

Sep 19, 2019
Austin, TX
Not shown in the pic above are my recent upgrades:
- Ergon GA2 Fat grips
- Ergon e-MTB saddle
- XTR Di2 Paddle shifters
- CushCore (rear tire)
- Invisframe

Love this bike.

squeegee

Aug 19, 2019
USA
I made them. Even made the fork and shock graphics to match.

Looks awesome!

I have a vinyl cutter I use for business so this is intriguing to me. It must have taken a lot of trial and error to create the file to make the fit look so good...

What type of vinyl did you use if you don't mind me asking? I don't think I've come across a color gradient vinyl like that. Or is that printed vinyl maybe?

akuria

Patreon
Jan 30, 2020
san francisco
Looks awesome!

I have a vinyl cutter I use for business so this is intriguing to me. It must have taken a lot of trial and error to create the file to make the fit look so good...

What type of vinyl did you use if you don't mind me asking? I don't think I've come across a color gradient vinyl like that. Or is that printed vinyl maybe?

The fork and shock decals were easy as I found templates from RS and Fox. the top tube and chain stays did take a lot of trial and error. I used printed vinyl and printed the color on 3M IJ175cv3 car grade wrapping vinyl.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles