My Custom e120

hemi.rokingi

Dec 13, 2018
Australia
79F5CB26-C267-461D-9ECD-3409B437B987.jpeg

My new Manitou Mattoc Pro 3’s finally arrived. Super stoked with them - they are super plush and the slightly longer A2C (only 13mm longer A2C even though 30mm more travel..) slackens the head angle a bit which is great. Overall, a super worthwhile investment.
Also happy with how the custom decals are coming out - a slow process but happy with the results so far.
Am currently in the process of picking a new rear rim as I’ve managed to pretty much destroy the stock one in 3 months. Considering a Spank Spike Vibrocore - any one with any experiences? Given they’re DH wheels I figure they should be a bit atronger than the Alexrims.

Dewi

Jan 9, 2019
Melbourne
Nice, my son is pushing the limits of the 130 fork on my Wifes E-120/800 so I'm thinking of putting my spare fox 36E fork on it.

It has torque caps on the front wheel, I haven't had a proper look but I assume they can be removed, they won't fit in the fox.

No problems with the 2.8 in a 27 specific fork?

hemi.rokingi

Dec 13, 2018
Australia
Nice build, got any side on pics?

Hey @R120, only one other pic - it was fairly hot yesterday when I installed these so I just took a couple of quick snaps and then ran back inside. I’ll get a few more pics later today.

@Dewi Yes, I was finding the limits of the 130mm fork also. The 160mm feels awesome. Just what I’m after. I probably should have gone the e160 in the first place, but being a broke uni student had to get what I could afford. I sold my car to buy this bike!! ?
Torque caps came off no problem, just gently pry them off with a screw driver. Requires almost no force, they just pop right out.
Absolutely no problem regarding the 2.8s, though the two Manitou forks I’ve owned have always had a mountain of clearance. I think you could probably even get away with a 3 inch tyre on this fork (just speculating however... no proof!). It’s been good to swap down to a 27.5 fork as that has kept the A2C from being so long I need to reduce the travel.

1BA67BBE-168F-4F01-B853-3FACDB0AD57E.jpeg

hemi.rokingi

Dec 13, 2018
Australia
Hi Hemi, bike looks mean as! is that the 800 model?
I have the 600 model on order and am looking to go with a slightly longer fork, and Di2.
Cheers.
Hey Razor, thank you! It’s the 500. A longer fork and Di2 will be nice upgrades! Have you got an delivery date for your bike?

hemi.rokingi

Dec 13, 2018
Australia
No not yet, but on the look out for a fork - was going to go with 150mm but good to know a 160mm works well, there seems to be more of that length fork around here in NZ

Depending on how much extra travel you want, you can install a 140mm air spring into the existing forks also — just another option.
The Mattoc also came with travel spacers to be reduced to either 150 or 140mm.

Where abouts in NZ are you? I’m a kiwi living in Aus but moving to Auckland at the end of the year!

RAZOR

Feb 19, 2019
Auckland, NZ
Depending on how much extra travel you want, you can install a 140mm air spring into the existing forks also — just another option.
The Mattoc also came with travel spacers to be reduced to either 150 or 140mm.

Where abouts in NZ are you? I’m a kiwi living in Aus but moving to Auckland at the end of the year!
I'm up on the coast just north of Auckland, i had a Mattoc on my regular Merida 140 which was pretty nice, been using a 160mm X Fusion on a hardtail which has also been good.
Plenty of options...

Lad

Nov 15, 2018
Australia
Nice thing about Manitou forks is that you can further tune it to your personal liking using the Manitou tuning kit. I did it for my analog MTB with fantastic results.

I'm in Oz but I did get all the stuff from these guys from Alexandra NZ 2018 Manitou Range | Shockcraft. The boss there is well known suspension guru, nice guy to deal with.

Cheers.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles