My bosch is growling at me

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
Noticing a slight growl going up hills. No noise when pedalling with motor off or when riding on the flat but going uphill it starts. Sounds similar to when the derailleur isn't in the correct position & the chain is rubbing.
I'll talk to the shop but has anyone had this? Done a search but not much comes up.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
Noticing a slight growl going up hills. No noise when pedalling with motor off or when riding on the flat but going uphill it starts. Sounds similar to when the derailleur isn't in the correct position & the chain is rubbing.
I'll talk to the shop but has anyone had this? Done a search but not much comes up.

which version? Gen 2 or 4?

Jubby

Aug 23, 2020
Langley, BC
Hey Doug, I just had the exact same issue.
My mechanic had a similar issue before so he knew what to look for. It appears Shimano had some factory issues with hubs not being greased properly. My guy took my rear hub apart, cleaned all parts and then regreased everything with a special white hub grease. Now my drive is totally silent again.
This issue was driving me nuts as I thought it was a derailer issue or cassette problem, turns out its a simple fix if you can remove a hub.
Cheers Rich

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles