My beautiful countryside

• Thread starter Deleted member 7464
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7464

I'm out for my daily exercise and had this stunning view of home so thought I would share it.

IMG_20200331_115749.jpg

D

Deleted member 7464

It's a beautiful area with some awesome riding as the North Yorkshire moors is a short ride away

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Seeking out anything local to my town in Lytham St Annes (UK) that is off-road
Are the golf courses closed ? You could offer your services as fairway and bunker inspector ?
The beach near the pier is huge and nice and flat, perfect for looning around , you can mark out your own circuit and practice getting your knee down on your micro berms .. used to play aerobie for hours there. Is Witch wood still there in Lytham, not been in there for more than 40 years so it might be long gone. I can't believe how different everything is - there's a bmx place in Lytham !
Next best option has to be the Taps .. do they still do themed nights ? One of my lowest points in life was turning up on a busy friday night in a folded towel dressed a baby ... only to have got the wrong night ... :ROFLMAO: They could do a super mini mtb circuit with a few tonnes of mud. Sand never used to be an issue for "beach night"

Simoto123

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west
Are the golf courses closed ? You could offer your services as fairway and bunker inspector ?
The beach near the pier is huge and nice and flat, perfect for looning around , you can mark out your own circuit and practice getting your knee down on your micro berms .. used to play aerobie for hours there. Is Witch wood still there in Lytham, not been in there for more than 40 years so it might be long gone. I can't believe how different everything is - there's a bmx place in Lytham !
Next best option has to be the Taps .. do they still do themed nights ? One of my lowest points in life was turning up on a busy friday night in a folded towel dressed a baby ... only to have got the wrong night ... :ROFLMAO: They could do a super mini mtb circuit with a few tonnes of mud. Sand never used to be an issue for "beach night"
Whitch wood is absolutely still there, much changed perhaps but still there. I lived on elms ave along the route. 40 yrs since I played there too. Remember the bmx track at st Anne’s? That’ll take you back a bit.

Wheelie_King

The Spirit Level ?️
Sep 28, 2019
Lancashire (Fylde Coast)
I rode by St Annes Old Links and noted it would be all to easy just to ride onto the course! Tempted as I was, my luck says I’d get busted!!
The beach is indeed huge. I used to fly power kites there but it’s no place for a bike. Sand, chain, no thanks!!!!
Witch Wood is still there and one of my favourite places to upset dog walkers. Ride a bike in their woods, how dare I!!!
Did you used to live here then Zim?

Wheelie_King

The Spirit Level ?️
Sep 28, 2019
Lancashire (Fylde Coast)
Whitch wood is absolutely still there, much changed perhaps but still there. I lived on elms ave along the route. 40 yrs since I played there too. Remember the bmx track at st Anne’s? That’ll take you back a bit.
BMX track at Park View in Lytham. I’ve only lived here ~15 years so not sure if it used to be elsewhere?
It’s flat and boring but there’s a load of off-road trails round and about for daily excercise. I reckon I could do 10-15 miles locally almost entirely off-road

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France

Lived on Forest Drive until I was about 9. So a stones throw away ! Went to Lytham hall primary school. Don't remember the bmx track.. where was that ? I had some friends who were into BMX when I moved back to st-annes about 4 years later (after poulton and north wales). I never really fell into the bmx thing unfortunately.

BMX track at Park View in Lytham. I’ve only lived here ~15 years so not sure if it used to be elsewhere?

Don't remember there being a BMX park in the park view playing fields. Even 25 years ago I think that was just open ground.

I rode by St Annes Old Links and noted it would be all to easy just to ride onto the course! Tempted as I was, my luck says I’d get busted!!

Hey, get off my golf course ! ;) Lived on Ramsey close from about 13-17 which from what I remember was off the 4th fairway. There's a few sloped banks in Ashton Gardens .. not really mountain biking though .. After that was on Clifton drive opposite the park and then St-George's Sqr. It all seems so long ago ! :)

I did a post ages ago asking if anyone rode on the beach, quite a few did, some regularly without issues. So I took the Kenevo for a horse blast on one beach. Gave it a good hose down there and when I got back and haven't had any issues. You can't help but think that salty sand is not going to be a good long term thing for a bike though.

Wheelie_King

The Spirit Level ?️
Sep 28, 2019
Lancashire (Fylde Coast)
Lived on Forest Drive until I was about 9. So a stones throw away ! Went to Lytham hall primary school. Don't remember the bmx track.. where was that ? I had some friends who were into BMX when I moved back to st-annes about 4 years later (after poulton and north wales). I never really fell into the bmx thing unfortunately.

Don't remember there being a BMX park in the park view playing fields. Even 25 years ago I think that was just open ground.

Hey, get off my golf course ! ;) Lived on Ramsey close from about 13-17 which from what I remember was off the 4th fairway. There's a few sloped banks in Ashton Gardens .. not really mountain biking though .. After that was on Clifton drive opposite the park and then St-George's Sqr. It all seems so long ago ! :)

I did a post ages ago asking if anyone rode on the beach, quite a few did, some regularly without issues. So I took the Kenevo for a horse blast on one beach. Gave it a good hose down there and when I got back and haven't had any issues. You can't help but think that salty sand is not going to be a good long term thing for a bike though.
I might have a go on the beach when the sand is hard packed. Ashton Gdns has some good little slopes and skills bits, St Annes front near the lifeboat station has some lumps, bumps and trials bits too that are fun for a few minutes. There's a surprising amount of non-road or non-tarmac sections around. I'll have to see if i can find any new ones and see how many I can string together. New challenge, how far can you go from your door with a high % off-road?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I might have a go on the beach when the sand is hard packed.
I seem to remember the sand just on the north side of pier used to have the best surface, after you get through the fluffy stuff. Think the south side had more pools and stones and things ? Uhmmm, that's 30 years ago, but I can't believe it's changed that much :) Unlike lots of other bits which look different looking on google maps. I like your challenge though !

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles