• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered My 2019 Levo has eaten two cassettes....

LeBigjh

Mar 4, 2019
North West uk
Hey folks,

I have a 2019 Levo (base model) and recently after around 400 miles of mixed riding I had an issue with the mid range of cog on the cassette. Basically what had happened it was clicking (not skipping) and the fifth from top cog bent on one quarter and the chain wedged in between the cogs during a ride. Safe to say that ride was over! I also noticed that one of the teeth has snapped off...not sure if this was when the chain was jammed or before. (image attached)

As I was away I had to bite the bullet and I bought a like for like replacement cassette from a LBS (SRAM PG-1130, 11-speed, 11-42t at twice the cost as Chain Reaction) All was fine until yesterday when I noticed the mid range gear started clicking again. I stopped and looked to see that the exact same thing had happened! (no snapped teeth however) I continued the ride in the low gears to get me back to the car and avoid the chain becoming wedged again.

Worth noting that this new cassette is 3 rides old totaling no more that 50 miles of riding (two trail center and one canal ride). I've not called the LBS yet but I'm tempted to take it off and give it little tap to straighten it. Mainly due to speaking to the LBS regarding the previous one they said it would not be a warranty claim cause its a consumable part.

I'd like to think that these parts are not so consumable that I need to buy a new one every few rides and that Specilized would use them. My friend has the comp with the same and he commutes everyday and has not had this issue.

Has anyone had a similar issue? The rear mech looks ok and the gears seem to run true...i'm a bit stumped. Is this fitted Sram cassette crap? If anyone has had the issue did you upgrade?

Happening once i'd take as a freak mistake but not a second time!

I will take a pic of the new one when I have the bike in front of me but if anyone has had this would be good to see how it was resolved.

Cheers

J

COG.jpg

kendo

Sep 2, 2019
Scotland
So I'm in process of ordering Slx 11 to 42 and I'm told HBDT4193 freehub body fits the roval wheel on levo expert 19 model. 10 to 42 xg cassette on at present, won't be that much difference will there.
You'll be fine...the 10th sprocket just gives slightly more top end speed dependant on your effort in pedalling power.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles