My 1st ebike.

Cushdy

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
Hey all.
Got my 1st ebike about 2 weeks ago. Decided on the cube stereo 160 race as i enjoy riding a lot of enduro/downhill. Wasnt sure about ebikes at first, but did the usual and slated people who had them but never tried one myself. Started cycling with @Knobby by who has the 160 team bike. Done a few rides with me on my orbea rallon and @Knobby blasting up hills and decided to try the ebike. I couldnt believe how much fun they are. Im not a hill climber anyway and really struggle to get out to full fitness with 3 kids under 3. The ebike has allowed me to get out and have a really good blast with a workout and still have some legs left after the ride. The 2 rides we have done have been pretty muddy so still not fully setup on the bike. Hopefully get some better weather over crimbo.
jpeg-imag.jpg
20181223_100118_Burst01.jpg
20181223_100059.jpg
20181217_130051.jpg

Cris

Dec 1, 2018
Beds
How do you find your Race version compares to the Team? Interested because I’m thinking of getting one.

Knobby

Patreon
Jun 13, 2018
Hampshire, UK
How do you find your Race version compares to the Team? Interested because I’m thinking of getting one.

@custdy is much quicker than me already.. My Team Action is running 152mm crank arms and you can really notice the difference.

Whats the difference 2k? Think'd i'd probably save the money and go for the race! Recon 90% of the time you wouldn't notice the difference.

Cushdy

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
@Cris the race rides really well for an ebike. Not really had the weather to give it a full test on some dry trails yet. Its great for getting through all the slop though. You can get good mileage in without your legs going after 10mins. Im going for some 160mm crank arms when they become available as ive had a couple of pedal strikes.

Cris

Dec 1, 2018
Beds
@Cris the race rides really well for an ebike. Not really had the weather to give it a full test on some dry trails yet. Its great for getting through all the slop though. You can get good mileage in without your legs going after 10mins. Im going for some 160mm crank arms when they become available as ive had a couple of pedal strikes.
Thanks for that, think I’ll go for the race and save the 2 grand ?

More-read-than-ride

Patreon
Jan 3, 2019
Spain
I tried both and found a huge difference in the suspension, but I am no expert. It was most likely a matter of adjustment more than anything else. I loved the team, but it is $$$.

More-read-than-ride

Patreon
Jan 3, 2019
Spain
I bought the green lettuce one .
In less than a week, my gang as been effected by this strange and strong e-vírus .
I borrowed the 160 Action Team for two weekends and have converted a lot of emtb haters... I agree, the virus is spreading!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles