CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
Product Image:
20200524_173932[1].jpg

Product name: Muc Off Dry Chain Cleaner
Price paid: £13.95 (inc.postage)
Score (out of 10): 1

Review: I found the idea of Muc Off's Dry Chain Cleaner really appealing, now that we're well into the dry season. Coming home with a dusty bike, it seems like a waste of water to give the bike a full wash down, but the chain is a 'must clean' item for me, so this seemed like a good solution. However, I couldn't for my life figure out how it would work, so thought I'd grab a can for £9 (plus postage) and find out.

Unfortunately, the simple fact is, this product does not work at all. I have given it several goes now but all it does is take the surface muck off, and even that is not done to a very good standard. I have really given it a good go, spraying the chain with a substantial amount of the product, but it still just doesn't work. I'm currently using Muc Off's Dry Lube, so it's not even like this cleaner isn't formulated to work with my lube, but every time I've tried it the chain is left filthy and in no fit state to be re-lubed. I've wound up just going ahead and using my Fenwicks and giving the chain a really good rinse afterwards, drying it and then lubing it up. The Muc Off Dry Chain Cleaner just isn't fit for purpose.

I've actually binned the can now, there's no point in keeping it. I just hope that my experience saves anyone else from wasting money on Muc Off Dry Chain Cleaner.

20200524_173932[1].jpg

OldGoatMTB

E*POWAH Master
Mar 24, 2020
I assume you follow the instructions. How is it supposed to be used? personally I use one of those Park chain tool cleaners that you put liquid into and then pedal the chain through the brushes and solution. Works pretty well.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles