MTB holiday companies

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
In Europe.

I realise I could just Google it, but I was interested in people's experiences and comments.

Looking to fulfill my dream and transfer my skills abroad to a better climate and more challenging trails.

Rocket Roche

Nov 21, 2018
Hertfordshire
I've been on a couple of trips with www.wildbike.co.uk and going on their All Mountain Trip up Snowdon this year found them very professional and have some excellent trips on their website including Utah and Arizona (Maybe one day?)
Went on their All Mountain trip in the Lake District last year had some excellent loops all off road and very knowledgeable of the local areas(y)

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
Lake Garda, Italy
Clean and quite cheep place, rocky rides but nice. August it's full of bikes
Luca Ride | Bike Shuttle Torbole
I stayed in Riva Del Garda last summer and there are a couple of good hire/guide places there but most seem to be in Torbole. I found the terrain challenging on a HT ebike.

56B7CBF6-FE6B-4507-84C2-2231F73D684F.jpeg

F5428713-B61C-438B-A997-E1D3F663D2D2.jpeg

2C329789-3807-43F8-BBA3-24ED9734FB70.jpeg

52F0D985-5184-4FA8-9288-0374F2D3AC06.jpeg

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
GardaOnBike was the company I used our guides Mrs was on the Italian DH team he was pro ebike but in August all the FS bikes were hired out.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
That looks great, I have spent some time round there but not on my bike

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I have done a couple of E-Bike day tours in Europe before, and its a great way to get out and explore an area - we did one in Florence last year that took us up into the hills for lunch at a local vineyard and allaround the city that was awesome, and got one booked in for this summer in France, where we are going near St Emillion and doing a vineyard E-Bike tour. Great to do with the family as even the non bikers like my wife love getting on the e-bikes.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Thanks for the suggestions so far. Keep em coming.

Italy is definitely on the radar. Would also consider some of the not so popular/up and coming spots.

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
Roost MTB in Morzine. I stayed there one night as we booked ourselves a extra day from the business trip we were on so needed a different place to stay. Nice place just down from the gondola station.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
The Canary Islands!

Tenerife has Lavatrax already and they have been there quite a while. I have been with them three times and it was heaven. A Brit called Darren set it up and is living the dream. But they don't do any ebikes! I reckon there is an untapped market for ebike riders that want to ride somewhere like Tenerife, but can no longer do the hills (sort of like me). The first one in with emtbs will clean up. Lavatrax are pretty well established , so maybe check out some of the other islands.

Stay away from Sicily. A mate of mine actually built something that was intended to be like Bike Park Wales but with living accommodation (tents to hotels and everything in between). He had it all built on a forest covered mountain, had the local community behind him, staff appointed, doing it all properly etc. He was within a few weeks of opening, when the local mafia made him an offer they thought he couldn't refuse. He did refuse, and tried to deal with them on an honest and open basis. So they burned it all down and half the forest with it. Fortunately he was insured with a Sicilian insurance company. He got his money back but lost a year and a half of his life. The mafia missed a golden opportunity, they could have bought it from him and run it themselves, but as he told me, honest toil is not their business model. :(

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Roost MTB in Morzine. I stayed there one night as we booked ourselves a extra day from the business trip we were on so needed a different place to stay. Nice place just down from the gondola station.
Morzine is already far too popular. I'm sure there's kids lining up to live and work there.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I assume you're looking to work there, not holiday?

Setting up your own operation or working for an existing operation?

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Yeah live and work there, for somebody else. If I get to ride my bike and have a roof over my head and a full belly I'd be happy.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
How many languages do you speak? What's your USP?
2, plus basic French. What on earth is usp?
That’s a good start, what language is it you speak well? At a guess, not knowing the market well, German or Spanish would be useful.

Your USP is what makes you more employable than all the other applicants. It’s why you stand out. Just being able to ride isn’t enough; you have to bring something else to the table. Marketing, web design, bike maintenance (qualifications, not enthusiasm, required) etc.

I’m not trying to piss on your chips here, just being realistic having seen it many times as a scuba diver. Enthusiastic diver decides to fuck off to the tropics and live the high life as a dive guide somewhere exotic only to find that every other enthusiastic diver has had the same idea and they are all fighting for the scraps. It often comes as a shock to find out that the life as a dive professional is not like the brochures.

• Agree
Reactions: Dax

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Personally I would try and hook up with an accommodation provider, potentially in one of the lesser known alpine areas. Lots of the Ski/snowboard guys now realising they can ruin their chalets all year round with MTB Market

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Are your guiding/coaching qualifications recognised outside the U.K. and if so, will they still be in a “No Deal” scenario?

jerry

Dec 22, 2018
Belgium
Did a 4-day tour for e-bikes last year, first from Austria to Munich, then from Munich, via Tegernsee and Achensee to Königsleiten. Small organisation, but with some serious BMW sponsorship-money behind it - couple of 5-series and electric BMWs following the group parallel via roads, carrying spare battery packs.
Tour tracks in itself wasn't particularly thrilling (long distances to cover, after all), but on several locations, Enduro Specials had been built in, guided by the former World Champ Downhill/Enduro. Big fun :)

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Personally I would try and hook up with an accommodation provider, potentially in one of the lesser known alpine areas. Lots of the Ski/snowboard guys now realising they can ruin their chalets all year round with MTB Market
Yeah this is what I was thinking, just trying to find them.

I've got plenty of winter experience too if it's a season split resort. Ideally I was thinking a warmer climate though so it's year round biking.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
How many languages do you speak? What's your USP?
2, plus basic French. What on earth is usp?
That’s a good start, what language is it you speak well? At a guess, not knowing the market well, German or Spanish would be useful.

Your USP is what makes you more employable than all the other applicants. It’s why you stand out. Just being able to ride isn’t enough; you have to bring something else to the table. Marketing, web design, bike maintenance (qualifications, not enthusiasm, required) etc.

I’m not trying to piss on your chips here, just being realistic having seen it many times as a scuba diver. Enthusiastic diver decides to fuck off to the tropics and live the high life as a dive guide somewhere exotic only to find that every other enthusiastic diver has had the same idea and they are all fighting for the scraps. It often comes as a shock to find out that the life as a dive professional is not like the brochures.
Ok cool. I was just asking for holiday companies and experiences, not to be judged. I know what I excel at and are good at. Being in the hills is very different to under water

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
not to be judged
Not judging you, just trying to help by asking the sort of questions that a prospective employer might and hopefully giving you the opportunity to think about them.
I've had more interviews than I can count working short term contracts in a previous life, so I'll be good there thanks. I just don't want to put my CV and life story online for everyone.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles