Other MSDS MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET FOR LEVO BATTERY

tdarcy

May 7, 2021
N. Ireland
Hi all , newbie alert......need help trying to find a MSDS material safety data sheet for a turbo levo battery to allow a second hand bike to be shipped to me......anyone able to help.
Thanks in Advance
td

tdarcy

May 7, 2021
N. Ireland
So i managed to get the MSDS data sheets from specialized ....here they are if anyone else need them in the future.
Also UN number is 3481 when in bike or 3480 when not in bike and they are class 9 hazard weight 3.36 kg for packaging.

Attachments

• MSDS_M1-460Wh-SBC-B07 B9JE2055F(特殊合併版)_20190219.pdf
    120.8 KB · Views: 656
  • MSDS_M1-500Wh (M1-504)-SBC-B08 B9JE2056F(特殊合併版)_20190219.pdf
    120.8 KB · Views: 723

jpdbr

Jul 19, 2019
Chile
So i managed to get the MSDS data sheets from specialized ....here they are if anyone else need them in the future.
Also UN number is 3481 when in bike or 3480 when not in bike and they are class 9 hazard weight 3.36 kg for packaging.
Do you have the same paperwork dor the 700WH battery?

thanks!

Maxi J

Oct 27, 2021
Bali
Hey @tdarcy just want to check if you were able to actually ship the e-bike, and what courier service did you use?

I have my Turbo Kenevo I'm trying to get to Bali from Budapest. @jpdbr did you get the 700W datasheet? I've sent Specialized customer support a message already, but if you have it then that would be fabulous.

Reactions: TDS

tdarcy

May 7, 2021
N. Ireland
Yes @Maxi J i did get the biked sent from uk to N.Ireland , it was a real pain in the neck.
used a company called Send bike who were really quite useless …..basically people in the middle who took more money with no responsibility and farmed it off to Dhl who then refused to air transport it as it had the battery attached. I think it ended up being transported by van and ferry and took an extra 2 weeks to get here.
Specialized and Berkshire cycles were very helpful in supplying the safety data sheets though.

TDS

Nov 11, 2021
Italy
Hey @tdarcy just want to check if you were able to actually ship the e-bike, and what courier service did you use?

I have my Turbo Kenevo I'm trying to get to Bali from Budapest. @jpdbr did you get the 700W datasheet? I've sent Specialized customer support a message already, but if you have it then that would be fabulous.
hello @Maxi J - I'm looking for the same and the Italian support at Specialized isn't really helping, they just pointed me to the website, where it's clearly not available. If you managed to get your hands on the document it'd be great if you could share it. Thanks and good luck with the shipment!

Maxi J

Oct 27, 2021
Bali
hello @Maxi J - I'm looking for the same and the Italian support at Specialized isn't really helping, they just pointed me to the website, where it's clearly not available. If you managed to get your hands on the document it'd be great if you could share it. Thanks and good luck with the shipment!
To be honest, I didn't need the exact document for shipping the battery @TDS , I was able to use the one that Tdarcy posted above and explain that it was the specs of the same, but slightly smaller unit. I've made a post here of what I did to ship the battery: Good luck

Reactions: TDS

Black Bear Trail

Apr 11, 2023
Japan
Rob, tl;dr: Do you have the "Test Summary" PDF for the above SBC-B22 battery that you uploaded the MSDS for?
I have a problem with a shipper. I gave them a copy of the MSDS PDF you uploaded above. But they also asked me for a "Test Summary" report (Not the "Test Report" which is a different document). "Test Summary" is based on UN 38.3 Manual of Tests and Criteria for Lithium-Ion batteries. So I Googled it and found a "Test Summary" but it is for the SBC-B13 battery, not the SBC-B22 battery that you uploaded the PDF for. I gave it to them, but they rejected it. Do you have a PDF of the "Test Summary" for the SBC-B22 700 Wh battery? Also, I have not bought the bicycle yet. My plan was to buy the bicycle, and then ship it home. So my final question is: Which battery will my new Levo have, the SBC-B13 or the SBC-B22 battery? Thanks. PS - I've sent out multiple e-mails last week to Taiwan, China, and Specialized, but either had no replies or Specialized Italy gave me the link for the "MSDS" and "Test Report" link page, which did not have the "Test Summary." Maxi J, it seems, did not have to provide a "Test Summary" when he shipped his bike from Hungary to Bali.

Attachments

• Test Summary SBS-B13 UN Manual of Tests Section 38.3.pdf
    140 KB · Views: 130

Black Bear Trail

Apr 11, 2023
Japan
To be honest, I didn't need the exact document for shipping the battery @TDS , I was able to use the one that Tdarcy posted above and explain that it was the specs of the same, but slightly smaller unit. I've made a post here of what I did to ship the battery: Good luck
Max, did you also have to provide the shipper with a "Test Summary" based on UN sub-section 38.3 of the Manual of Test and Criteria for Lithium-Ion batteries? I'm trying to ship a battery overseas, but the shipper wants the MSDS and also the "Test Summary." I checked your post, but did not see you mention it. So I assume that you only gave the shipper the MSDS. I found an old "Test Summary" for the SBC-B13 700 Wh battery, but not the SBC-B22 700 Wh battery. I'll attach the old "Test Summary" for the SBC-B13 battery for your reference.

Attachments

• Test Summary SBS-B13 UN Manual of Tests Section 38.3.pdf
    140 KB · Views: 100

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles