MOVED: eFat bike with modern geometry, proper tire clearance and removable battery?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
There's a pretty good reason most Fatbikes aren't massively long reach and don't have slack HAs.
Sounds like the one you've linked to fits your wants fairly well. (if it'll take an angle headset you can also slacken it out to 66deg) Why can't you just take it indoors to charge it?
Looks to have two sets of bottle mounts and plenty room for one of the aftermarket piggyback external batteries .

-W-

Jan 6, 2019
Finland
For example in my work I cannot take it inside and I have 25km of nice trails to there = have to charge it in the winter time also at work (+battery is already warm when I leave from work to home). Also fully integrated non removable battery is the most stupidest thing to have in cold winter in generally = impossible to insulate and if you are makind trips to national parks for example, it is virtually impossible to bring whole snowy bike inside to rental house or camper van to be able to charge that damn thing.. And by cold winter I mean up till -20 degrees.

Most of the eFat bikes have much shorter frames than their organic cousins - no reason to be like that. Most likely this is because most of the eFat bikes are from small brands which basically put their stickers to some Chinese bikes and thats it = no one hasn't really paid that much idea of designing them properly. 410-420mm reach is really short for large size frames also in fat bikes. 68 degrees HA would be fine, but many of those have also 70-69 which is a bit too steep (which can be fixed with angleset and thats why it isn't mandatory)

After all, proper eFat bikes are very marginal and special product in global scale and that explains most likely the current situation..

Last edited:

-W-

Jan 6, 2019
Finland
And how relevant is that to my original question?

If we take four lates ones which I have ridden:

×Canyon Dude size Large has 455mm reach, 439mm chainstay and 68.5 degree head angle.

×Pole Taiga size Large has 490mm reach, 470mm chainstay and 66 degree head angle.

×KTM Machina Freeze 261 eFat bike size Large has 422m reach, 500mm chainstay and 69 degree head angle.

×GZR Advantag-e eFat bike size Large has about 415mm reach (not statet by the manufacturer = self measured), 500mm chainstay and 69 degree head angle.

I could also ask from you that have you self ridden any fatbike with 66 degree head angle or 490mm reach, if you state like "they don't have slack HA or massive reach because of good reason"? I have and for example 66 degree HA don't make any self steering like some may say.. Pole is a long bike and some may say even a bit extreme when you compare that to more traditional fatbikes. How ever it has become very popular bike in short time. On the other hand Canyon is very mainsteam, but still much longer in reach and way shorter in chainstays than similar eFat bikes.

But all of this is irrelevant since it is quite obvious that you don't seem to have any valuable to give to my original question. I don't need this stupid arquing about what fatbike geometry should be according to someone, why I need the battery to be remowable, how many fatbikes I have ridden, etc.

- - - - -

Does anyone know if there is any eFat bike with this kind of spec:

*Shimano, Bosch, Brose or Yamaha mid motor.
*Tire clearance for 2XL 5.05" tires.
*External, or easily removable integrated battery.
*Modern frame geometry with reach about 455-475mm in size Large (or in any size).
*If possible, head angle about 68-66 degrees and rear end lenght around 450-480mm.

Normally I use my full suspension eBike, but during the winters the 3" wide spike tires aren't just enough in the snow. I have been trying to look this kind of eFat bike for a while, but it seems to be impossible. There are some bikes which would be okey othervise, but usually frame geometry of them is ridigilous = in size large reach is something really short like 400-420mm and rear end on the other hand is huge like 500mm.

There is one eFat bike which would be absolytely perfect (if it would fit 2XL 5.05" tires which I don't know yet) and that is Norco Bigfoot VLT:

Bigfoot VLT 2020 | Norco Bicycles

Bigfoot VLT 1 2020 | Norco Bicycles

..but unfortunately it has one major flaw which totally ruins the whole idea of this kind of bike = fully integrated non removable battery. I mean even being Canadian company - what the heck they where thinking of when they thought that was a good idea for eFat bike which is ment & advertised to be used in winter??

I would immediatelly buy that Norco othervice, but how do they think you can charge that thing in the outside when weather is below zero? Also no way of carrying extra battery, which is many times vital to have since low temperatures decrease the capasity of lion battery anyway + also drag in the snow is high anyway with big tyres = you use more power in the deep snow anyway..

So is there something like that Norco Bigfoot VLT, but with external or remowable integrated battery?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
And how relevant is that to my original question?
Seriously? Of course it's relevant.
I could also ask from you that have you self ridden any fatbike with 66 degree head angle or 490mm reach,
66deg H/A - yes
490mm reach - probably not. I personally hate bikes with that much reach and I'm pretty sure out of all the Fatbikes (lots) I have ridden, I'd have noticed such a long front end.
But all of this is irrelevant since it is quite obvious that you don't seem to have any valuable to give to my original question. I don't need this stupid arquing about what fatbike geometry should be according to someone, why I need the battery to be remowable, how many fatbikes I have ridden, etc.
M'kay bro... I'll leave you to it

200.gif

Good luck with your search..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles