Moustache Samedi 27 Race 9

Gofurtherfaster

Oct 10, 2018
The woods
Looking at this bike,but a bit confused with size. I am 5,10 and they recommend a M size, they state,M is until 6
But looking at geometry, my current Cube is a L size and top tube is 62 cm,reach 44 cm,stack 62,5 cm ,seat tube 47 cm and wheelbase 123,6 cm
Moustache numbers M size are:top tube 60 cm,reach 44 cm,stack 61,seat tube 44 cm and wheelbase 120,4
I think M size would be a bit small and should go for a L size, now running a 35mm stem and Moustache is running a 50-60 mm stem but don’t think is proper for that kind of bike. How about you guys? Anyone with similar figures?
Thanks
Personally.. I'd opt for M.
Cube tend to nearly be a whole size up from other manufacturers from what I've experienced, not a whole size, but nearly, so a CUBE L is very similar to a M in most other bikes, but again it does come down to how you'd like it to feel, imagine the size of an SUV v a sports car, both for the same size human, one for nimble one for comfort.

Samwise

Apr 10, 2019
Hampshire, England
Nearly had one of these but the local moustache dealer thought they'd try put the price up after we had done the deal and Id paid deposit.

Ended up with a focus jam2 instead

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Race 7 owner here. Ally version with the Mullet wheelset. Only issues I have are the back shock is there own and it doesn't seem to suit me and the chain guide for the Bosch motor has taken some fettling as the first one wore out and the replacement was different.
Would I buy another, definatly as there not common and I dont like clitoris bikes that every c's got.

albertstancu

Oct 22, 2020
Europe
Does anyone know what hub manufacturer is Moustache using for their carbon wheels ? I need to replace the freehub with a XD and I have no idea what hubs they use.

darucla

May 17, 2020
Norfolk
I received my Moustache Samedi Xroad 27 FS 7 a couple of weeks ago, and I don't think I could be happier with it. As a 70 year old who just likes taking long rides which may include all kinds of terrain (not doing crazy downhill or enduro stuff), this is exactly the bike for me. It has 100mm suspension front and rear, and comes complete with lights, mudguards and pannier rack. The rack is compatible with MiK and Ortlieb QL 3.1, so it's nice for carrying picnics and camping stuff. Bosch CX Performance motor with 625 Wh battery, and Nyon display which is excellent in almost every respect. Only allows setting of 10 waypoints when planning routes, which is a minor issue, but makes it harder for me to set up a route to cover all the streets (Long Tiny Loop) in my small city. Not many people will want to do that of course. I bought it from Spoke and Motor, who seem to be an excellent dealer. I spent some time over the lockdowns looking for a new bike (previously bought a Kalkhoff Pro Connect Alfine 8 in 2013 which is still working, but a bit long in the tooth), but most of the more local dealers did not seem very interested unless I said "here is the money, give me a bike". I was quite disappointed, as I have had much better response from online dealers generally. So, thumbs up for the bike and for Spoke and Motor, who came 40 miles to let me try out a bike, and then did it again for delivery and on the spot set-up (no extra charge for either visit). Kudos also to Smile Bikes, who I stumbled upon on a random ride, and who offered to do future servicing on both of the e-bikes (and sold me a rear vision mirror and a Basil Mik bag as a result).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles