Most expensive bike I have ever seen!

Feb 5, 2019
Wales

WHY?

roboticinvesting

Oct 27, 2020
Calgary
I am going to sound like my Granddad now, but my first new car I bought after I got my first job was the equivalent of £12,000.

On another note, if you sign up for Muc-Off's newsletter you can get 15% off your first order :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
They have a road bike on there for the same price :

Both were show bikes, so I guess they're listed on there more as a promo thing. Maybe if you contact them they give you the correct price ?

smtkelly

Feb 13, 2020
ldn
The price is there firstly to get people to talk about the bikes and drive traffic to the muc-off site. Car companies do this with their daft priced watches etc although there's always at least a few people that'll buy, for them it also makes for excellent corporate gifts which can be written off.

Chances are when no one buys these, one of the directors offer to store it at his house free of charge ?

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Crazy... you could build a top spec SB5.5 and have it custom painted/wrapped for half that if not a lot more.

Its a marketing initiative much like how car tuners spend tens of thousands modifying 'demo' cars. Its a combination of a showcase of what they can do plus a massive tax write off, all goes towards that good old R&D Tax Credit :D

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
I am going to sound like my Granddad now, but my first new car I bought after I got my first job was the equivalent of £12,000.

On another note, if you sign up for Muc-Off's newsletter you can get 15% off your first order :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My first car cost $300 oz and had a paintjob almost as bad as that yeti ( the previous owner got tired of people saying it looked like shit so she hand painted it to look like a bird had dumped on the roof)

So, if I buy a $300 mtb , can I clean it wiff uckoff ?

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
How many of us on the forum?
how much would we all have to chip in to buy this bike for @Gary to add to his collection?
I’m in! I got 22cents and a used brake pad.
Hey, it’s a start.

F5ADC26F-D1B6-42C0-8F48-923CC069125C.jpeg

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
There are a few more miles on that. It's not completely through to the metal.
Why did you replace it?
I recon your 22 cents, that brake pad and maybe your liver or kidney or both would do it!
During my descent, with this pad, I noticed that there was no wildlife, insects, trail dogs or humans around. Tbh was kinda nice but very strange.
I chose 22cents because that was half of 44cents and twice as much as 11cents…if that makes cents? I stopped harvesting kidneys btw.
Anyways, I realize the importance of rear brakes now. I’ve increased the brake maintenance schedule and budget. (100x22cents). Cardboard rotors don’t work too well either. ?

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
During my descent, with this pad, I noticed that there was no wildlife, insects, trail dogs or humans around. Tbh was kinda nice but very strange.
I chose 22cents because that was half of 44cents and twice as much as 11cents…if that makes cents? I stopped harvesting kidneys btw.
Anyways, I realize the importance of rear brakes now. I’ve increased the brake maintenance schedule and budget. (100x22cents). Cardboard rotors don’t work too well either. ?
Another advantage of brake pads in that condition is that you can save the money you would normally spend on a bell.

lightning

Apr 5, 2021
UK
What's the device above the bottom bracket? l can't see a battery so it can't be an electric motor.
The description doesn't mention it, is it some part of the suspension?

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
What's the device above the bottom bracket? l can't see a battery so it can't be an electric motor.
The description doesn't mention it, is it some part of the suspension?

Its called Switch Infinity, I had one on my old sb5c - it is intended to reduce pedal bob and other things by allowing them to change the leverage on the suspension. Tbh I never really noticed whether it did anything or not, so for me more of a gimmick ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles