Morzine transfers this year

S D

Mar 26, 2019
Shelley
Just got an update from Action transfers , Private transfers only this year and max six persons , no riding shotgun with the driver , it looks like being an expensive season :rolleyes:
Also no luggage handling or door opening/ closing by driver ( business as usual then :LOL:)

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Yeah I normally drive solo as I take 2 bikes and can't be doing with flying.
That works out pretty pricey with the tunnel, tolls and fuel. About £500 or so? If only I had some friends ?

D

Deleted member 7464

Are you guys going to morzine this year? I'm hoping the lockdown doesn't prevent this year's trip.

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
I'm watching this with interest
7 of us have a chalet booked for a jolly in 3rd week of July
Any thoughts on this realistically happening ?
Thinking of whether resort , lifts, shops, bars will be open .
Also if chunnel is operational, then there's also the quarantine situation to consider

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 7464

We are supposed to be going to chatel 11 July so I too are keeping my eyes on things and hoping we can go

S D

Mar 26, 2019
Shelley
Hoping to get at least a couple of trips in once we get the go ahead to travel again

S D

Mar 26, 2019
Shelley
I'm watching this with interest
7 of us have a chalet booked for a jolly in 3rd week of July
Any thoughts on this realistically happening ?
Thinking of whether resort , lifts, shops, bars will be open .
Also if chunnel is operational, then there's also the quarantine situation to consider
Im pretty sure the resort lifts are running now,

"Morzine entered lockdown on March 17th 2020 together with the rest of France. As coronavirus cases have dwindled, the French government has started to take the first steps on what they call 'déconfinement' or their plan to ease lockdown, which began on May 11th. In order to decide when to relax the lockdown measures, they have created a map that divides the country into red and green departments based on the level of circulation of the virus, pressure on hospitals and intensive care units, and the ability to test for Covid-19. Morzine is situated in the Haute-Savoie region, which has been marked green, meaning that the virus is less active here.

Morzine is currently on phase 2 of the 'déconfinement'. This means that, from June 2nd, there is no limit to what distance people can travel within France. Gatherings of up to 10 people are also possible, as are outdoor sports, and lifts can now reopen. Plenty of public spaces are also welcoming visitors, including lakes, sports centres, swimming pools, forests, gardens, parks, shops smaller than 40,000m2 (which is most of them), open-air markets, schools, public transport, libraries, cinemas, theatres and museums. Social distancing, safety and hygiene measures must remain firmly in place.

Cafes, bars, restaurants and campsites have also been able to reopen on June 2nd albeit with restrictions: there can't be more than 10 people per table, which must be separated by a distance of at least 1m between, while both staff and customers have to wear masks, although it can be removed when not moving around the facilities. Gatherings of more than 5,000 people won't be authorised before September 2020."