Morning All and Hi from South Wales

Randles

Patreon
Apr 4, 2019
United Kingdom
Hi All, hope your all well.

Just ordered my first emtb a KTM Chacana 293 but I have to wait until mid May for it to arrive. That's not a problem for me at the moment as I had quite a nasty off on a hybrid road bike two weeks ago and broke and fractured part of my elbow, a bit of tendon damage plus cuts and bruised all over. So 3 days in to healing up I ordered the KTM, I know crazy right! I haven't been mountain biking in quite sometime 20 years + so really looking forward to making it a past time. I've come from an enduro / motocross background so I think this influenced my purchase of a KTM, and as I no longer have a motorbike I'm hoping this will fill at void for me. Getting a emtb wasn't necessary for fitness more for fun, the fitness side is a bonus as I train regularly anyway and have always liked to stay in shape the best I can with work commitments and stuff.

Anyway that's me and thanks for having a look (y)

Take care all and hopefully speak soon:cool:

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
I’m in South Wales too.
I am in Brechfa so let me know if you want to meet up and I will happily guide you around the marked and off piste trails here.

BPW caters for all skill set levels. £15 for a days riding. You will need a spare battery to make a full day of it though unless you are happy slogging up the climbs in Eco all day.

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Well all I can say is I am way more South Wales than North or even Mid Wales.

So I will rephrase to South West Wales although I am not that West but more West compared to you in Cardiff ?

Feel free to visit Brechfa forest anytime there are some great trails here. Some are more suited to ebike than non ebike.

6C763B46-E817-43A4-B911-89519599C8F7.jpeg

Last edited:

Randles

Patreon
Apr 4, 2019
United Kingdom
Well when my bike arrives in May don't be surprised if I start harassing you !! May cant come soon enough for me!!!

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: no such luck mate. I work in the IT industry.
I did the guiding purely for the one off group ride last year as I was the local rider.
@Rob Hancill may be able to help you with the group ride link.

Harpo

Apr 9, 2019
Cardiff
Just picked up my levo........farkinell! No wonder they call them the smiley bikes.its the most fun I’ve had with my clothes on for years!

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
The ship I work on is tied up long term in Port Talbot. Four of us on here have ebikes and head out Sunday afternoons during our trips. Afan & BPW so far but we will start spreading our wing as time goes on.

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
Hull won’t get painted until a buyer is found so they know what colours do it. Topsides is all fresh??
BPW this avo which suits me as my Focus is in Sheffield having its dodgy battery sorted.
Think we will head up to Afan skills park for a play after work during the week. Apparently they have given it a make over in the last few weeks.

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
The ship I work on is tied up long term in Port Talbot. Four of us on here have ebikes and head out Sunday afternoons during our trips. Afan & BPW so far but we will start spreading our wing as time goes on.
The Brechfa trails are under an hour away from Port Talbot so if you fancy a mixture of man made and natural trails feel free to head over and I will happily guide you round. If you can give me a few days notice that would be great.

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
That sounds really cool. As long as we don’t need to take a big dive like Rob?
My ebike is just back from some warranty work, not sure what the plan is for the next two Sundays or maybe we can do something next trip.
Heard a rumour someone is looking to open up a bike park there, anything to it?

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
Love riding South Wales, only ever gone on my acoustic bike so looking forward to heading out this year when my eBike arrives.

I was doing an uplift at Cwmcarn a few weeks back, it sounds like a load of new off piste trails have popped up there recently, anyone familiar with them?

Kiwi in Wales

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
This coming Sunday morning or next is good for me. Let me know what you prefer. 0900 or 1000 start? Allegedly the weather is looking good.
Trail centre plans are with the council waiting for approval and this is at its final stages so we should know what is happening in the next month or two.
Unfortunately I have no control over anyone parting company with their bike..... in fact, sometimes I have no control over parting company with my bike :eek:.
There is a listed Black Trail here but in reality it is a Red. It is rated Black due to a few long steep climbs. Some of the off piste here will test your bar width awareness and your climbing skills.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles