More on Software versions as reported by the Giant App

robt

May 15, 2020
camberley
I think you may need to head to the LBS...
Tried that, they're a nice bunch but haven't a clue, when they connect to their software it says everything OK. They are also too busy to get through to Giant as they are selling £10,000 of bikes a day!!!!! Will have to wait intil things quieten back a bit.

Oldcrank

Jan 5, 2020
Albuquerque NM
My LBS is also very busy so they loaned it me the Giant installer software & the dongle that is required. The combo is needed to get to 2020 update. Offer to update other Giant owner’s bikes in exchange for loan. ?

Oldcrank

Jan 5, 2020
Albuquerque NM
Got out for a good ride with the updated software. Auto mode worked very good. Power at the right time and a lot of it!
‘RideControl’ worked fine. Logged trip and most data. No cadence & strange average speed. ??
2020 Stance e+

Wootism

Jun 1, 2020
Trails
I’m on software version 20191231001 and hardware 20190100000

Smart assist seems to work again.... but now there’s no difference between 20% support and 30%. ☹ The remaining range also doesn’t change in the app when switching between two and three dots.
Anyone else with this issue?

I still have a terrible range in comparison with my Fathom E+3.....
I’m on a Trance E+2

Trip logging works, but real-time speed constantly freezes.

robt

May 15, 2020
camberley
Does anyone know the latest firmware update number?

I have 20200620000. What did this update so? Is there one after this?

thanks!
My Stance e+ Pro 29 2020 currently has v20200806000 updated through the new Ride app v 1.1.0.

Would be lovely if Giant actually told us what updates have been made to the firmware and also trained their Dealers, my LBS is clueless on versions.
Rob.

LowLow

Oct 30, 2020
Los Angrles
My Stance e+ Pro 29 2020 currently has v20200806000 updated through the new Ride app v 1.1.0.

Would be lovely if Giant actually told us what updates have been made to the firmware and also trained their Dealers, my LBS is clueless on versions.
Rob.

Thanks! So the app updates the firmware? The lbs I got the bike from said I had to go to a giant shop to get the firmware update.

If the app made the firmware update, any idea how I can get it to do that?

Sorry, I just got this ebike and am still trying to figure out the electronic side of it. I have the 1.1.0 version of the app as well.

I have a 2021 Trance that stopped charging and I’m trying to figure out if an update to the firmware will solve the issue

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Sorry, I just got this ebike and am still trying to figure out the electronic side of it. I have the 1.1.0 version of the app as well.

I have a 2021 Trance that stopped charging and I’m trying to figure out if an update to the firmware will solve the issue
Unfortunately Gaint is trying to figure out the electronic along with you.

I've not heard of any updates solving charge trouble.

Have you popped the battery out and reseated it?

Have you tried charging with battery off bike?

Last edited:

robt

May 15, 2020
camberley
Thanks! So the app updates the firmware? The lbs I got the bike from said I had to go to a giant shop to get the firmware update.

Hi LowLow, The original (rubbish) app has been discontinued, go to your phone's app store and update to the new one. When you connect to your bike it should tell you there is a firmware update available that you have to install to get the app to fully work with the bike.
I doubt that a firmware update will fix your charging issue, more likely there is a fundemental issue with the bike which your retailer will need to fix under warranty.
Good luck, Rob.

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky

I've read in other threads that the 2021 Trance is not yet recieving OTA updates.

The dealer may be able to update if they have been initiated.

I'm not sure the batteries get updates, does anybody know if the batteries FW updates via the app or the dealers service program?

LowLow

Oct 30, 2020
Los Angrles
Thanks all. I have the new app (v1.1.0) and I’ve done a bunch of stuff to get battery to start charging again...I posted about it in a separate thread so I won’t repeat here (post here: Trance E+ 3 Pro 2020 - Energypak not charging - EMTB Forums).

The app never told me to do any firmware update, but it looks like I do t have the latest one

I was hoping an update would fix the no-charging issue because it came about after I took it to my dealer. I’d take it back but they’re not very competent and also far away.

It sounds like something is wrong with the charger or battery so I’ll need to find some dealer to deal with it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles