More Forestal e-Bike details - Cedric Gracia

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I am really intrigued to see how this bike comes together - from what I can piece together the motor/battery systems seems to be a half way house between a Fazua and a normal mid mounted system. CG is one of my all time heroes too

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
Yeah, he’s a cool guy. If his ethos is for real, and I’ve no reason to believe it’s PR hype, then fair play.

As for the bike, I’d love to see something like what you describe in a package that doesn’t weigh a tonne. There’s loads of heavy long range bikes, and that’s fine as some folk want that, but I’d love to see something different again.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Much as I like CG I'm struggling to think of a single CG endorsed cycling product that was actually decent.
A tired ol single pivot frame with modern geometry isn't exactly giving me the feeling that's about to change anytime soon.

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
I think they are adressing two of the main problems with ebikes right now, the a bit less power for a bit less weight trade many ebikers want (but not that Fazua fall short) and the enduro geometry overdose, that’s why I’m looking for a Spectral on, something about 67 ha is what a real trail bike should be I guess they want to offer both a enduro bike and a trail bike so you can enjoy it in more trails than the steepest ones.

Cedric don’t forget to how speak Spanish that’s nice, Cedric simplemente di no a las baterías integradas!

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
By the way the rear suspension resembles the xquarone but I’m afraid is patented ...

FRM-XQUARONE-EX9F-copy23.png

aHR0cHM6Ly9mc3RhdGljMS5tdGItbmV3cy5kZS92My8yMy8yMzcyLzIzNzI5NTUtenhzMmltZzcydTQxLWZvcmVzdGFsYmlrZXNfMi1vcmlnaW5hbC5qcGc.jpg

Fivetones

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Feb 11, 2019
Cheshire
Looks more like a linkage driven with some sort of VPP/twin link going on above the BB

Yeah it’s not a simple single pivot. However has the great looks of a single pivot bike ?

Could it be influenced by the early Santa Cruz bikes he was hinting at? My knowledge stops short.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Yeah it’s not a simple single pivot. However has the great looks of a single pivot bike ?
Aesthetically speaking... that's a matter of opinion we don't agree on ;)

Could it be influenced by the early Santa Cruz bikes he was hinting at? My knowledge stops short.
From the instagram pic of the frame parts laid out
and the teaser pics of the linkage/shock mounts eg.

now there are more shots... it looks like a single pivot swing arm with linkage activated shock but actually has 2 links controlling the rear wheel path. ie. a VPP. But nothing like any SantaCruz VPP.
(VPP just meaning any suspension system where the rear axle path does not follow an arc around a physical pivot. - ie. an FSR a la Spesh is actually technically a virtual pivot too)
Forestal have done an excellent job of hiding that main pivot in all their released pics so I'd expect a pretty elaborate unveiling of their suspension system when the time comes. and a lot of hype over what they've designed

Out of all the bikes CG has ever ridden it probably looks closest to the monstrosity that was the dual chain driven linkage swing arm Cannondale fulcrum DH bikes that were actually pretty horrendous in the flesh rather than any OG SantaCruz single pivot.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I am a sucker for a mono block swingarm, I really like the aesthetic of the bike, though I know it won't be everyone's cup of tea - CG is also a master or promotion and marketing, not that he necessarily talking bs about how good the new bike is, but he hasn't ended up living the lifestyle he does from not pimping himself out very well down the years.

Reminds me of my old DH bike, and the old foes which I have always had a big soft spot for.

IMG_2855.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles