More batt drain since update?

Tony.OK

Mar 20, 2019
Napier, New Zealand
Anyone notice a change in battery usage since the software update? 1st ride since bike did its update to the latest firmware, 2019 Trance, seemed to chew battery a bit more than usual, 65% used in 22kms, 630m of climbing, have my 3rd pwr mode at 200% as before, tyres at usual pressure.....previously I'd use 50-55% for same ride.
Range anxiety is back haha...

NeilJ

Feb 20, 2020
Somerset UK
I believe Giant have increased the torque/cadence range. Previously torque dropped off at say 80 rpm now torque drops off at 110 rpm. (not exact figures) Increased torque range = more battery drain.

Wernher

May 30, 2019
Cape St Francis
I will check my 2019 cadence range tomorrow when I ride. I haven't found any changes in my bike's range or characteristics after the software upgrade apart from the change in the walk mode button configuration. I must admit that I haven't checked the cadence so I'll do aa check tomorrow because it ran out of steam quickly in the first 2 modes where cadence was restricted to 100 or 110 rpm. On the other modes it was always 120 rpm which was good for me and I learnt to ride along those restrictions. What I'll do tomorrow is to display my cadence while keeping it in the first or second mode and see at what cadence the power starts dropping off.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles