Monster Energy - does it make you really really weak ???

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I've never tried it. Sold as an Energy drink, but it's by far and away the most discarded can on trails and trail parking round here.

Presumably people are strong enough to carry a whole full can of the stuff, but once they've drunk it they're so weak they can't even carry a super light empty can ?

lumpy

🚁 CHOPPER 🚁
Nov 26, 2018
SF Bay Area
That right, it isn’t, but you think roadies are any worse than MTB riders?
I have a problem with anybody leaving their trash. However the trails where I ride, I never see bike rider discarded crap. I do see plastic bags that dog walkers leave their dog turds in but not the mtb riders. We police up after ourselves.

I can't say the same for the roads I ride

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Mtb riders seem to struggle to carry their carb gel wrappers home

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Guys, chill, I'm sure if you both had a beer in your hands you'd be best buddies !

When you ride the roads you cover more miles and see more trash ? Either way it's crap, I wasn't trying to provoke anyone, just raise awareness and make monster start a new global awareness campaign after they read my thread because they're probably such an eco aware company ..

Mtb riders seem to struggle to carry their carb gel wrappers home

When I first started walking the mtb trails here I noticed that a lot and always came home with stuffed pockets of crap .. for some reason that's dropped off lately, but I can't work out why. Maybe zipper pockets are more common ?

lumpy

🚁 CHOPPER 🚁
Nov 26, 2018
SF Bay Area
Guys, chill, I'm sure if you both had a beer in your hands you'd be best buddies !

When you ride the roads you cover more miles and see more trash ? Either way it's crap, I wasn't trying to provoke anyone, just raise awareness and make monster start a new global awareness campaign after they read my thread because they're probably such an eco aware company ..

When I first started walking the mtb trails here I noticed that a lot and always came home with stuffed pockets of crap .. for some reason that's dropped off lately, but I can't work out why. Maybe zipper pockets are more common ?

You're right, and I wasn't trying to start some kind of battle - Benson, I apologize for heading the thread off the way I did.

Obviously I have an issue with litter bugs, whether they be on foot, on a trail, or on a road.

Zimmerframe - I appreciate your sense of humor!

I wonder if it's all a part of being weight weenies trying for the Strava KOM and can't bear the struggle of a few extra grams

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles