Mondraker CRAFTY RR +? Help a rider out :)

DK_EBIKER

May 6, 2019
Denmark
Hey guys.

So im looking for a new E-mtb, because my other one got stolen from me, a few weeks ago.
The market is exploting, and it is hard to keep track of all the bikes, and the budget is quickly broken :)

So i have been looking at the Mondraker CRAFTY RR +.

is there any of you who ownes on, ore have ridden one, and can tell me what im in for :)

Regards
J.

434695_3739983.jpg

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
I do not have any experience with riding that particular bike but I would recommend you to at least try and ride another Bosh powered bike before you buy. The Bosh motor is basically obsolete, almost impossible to ride above speed limit due to internal drag, very noisy and less powerful compared to for example Brose. I have tried a Bosh powered bike and that was a big nogo for me even bike itself was nice.

Good luck

Karsten

DK_EBIKER

May 6, 2019
Denmark
I do not have any experience with riding that particular bike but I would recommend you to at least try and ride another Bosh powered bike before you buy. The Bosh motor is basically obsolete, almost impossible to ride above speed limit due to internal drag, very noisy and less powerful compared to for example Brose. I have tried a Bosh powered bike and that was a big nogo for me even bike itself was nice.

Good luck

Karsten

Hej Karsten.

Im gonna be polite and write in English, just so everybody can follow :)
Ive tried the bosch motor, and i dont think it is so bad :) before i had the yamaha pw-x and i dont think there is the biggest different between them.
For me its okay to have a little noice, after all it is an e bike :)
Regarding the speed limit, luckely there is a solution for that ;)

khorn

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Well all good if you know what you are going into - It is still a very popular motor but not for everyone. You are aware that BOSH is coming with a brand new motor design in the very near future?

Karsten

DK_EBIKER

May 6, 2019
Denmark
Yes i know, but dont think there will be any groundbraking news on it. and maby the new software will be able to be downloaded to the current engine :)

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I've found all Mondrakers horrendous to ride. nothing to do with the motors though. They're simply far too heavy to be fun for the way I like to ride.

I'd try a few other bikes too.

DK_EBIKER

May 6, 2019
Denmark
my last one was 23,5 kg and the mondraker is 24.5 duo to the intube battery. but i can imagne the difference is that big.
what are you riding yourself?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Different bike but similar in terms of motor, weight etc. They are Heavy

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
my last one was 23,5 kg and the mondraker is 24.5 duo to the intube battery. but i can imagne the difference is that big.
what are you riding yourself?

A 21.3kg 170mm vitus ESommet

and Yes. the difference is HUGE
The Mondys even had light 2.5 EXO tyres so it's not like you can save any decent chunk of weight easily and cheaply with them.

I personally wouldn't ever want to ride an Emtb heavier than 22.5kg (even a DH orientated Ebike with DH tyre casings)

Norway1980

Jan 16, 2019
trondheim
I've found all Mondrakers horrendous to ride. nothing to do with the motors though. They're simply far too heavy to be fun for the way I like to ride.

I'd try a few other bikes too.

mondraker e crusher 21.5kg - is a grest bike and similar weight to other ebikes , that includes heavy 2.8 tyres also

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles