Modular Rail System for Bosch bikes - more info please

Feb 5, 2019
Wales
A few questions:

What bikes can have this installed? Have searched with no results.

With these bikes, can you install it yourself without voiding the warranty?

If not, how much is it typically to install?

I am asking about this because as I understand it, not including cost of parts, looking at £60 an hour to get the loom fitted to a Focus to fit a Bosch Powerpack on that. Apparently you have to dump the motor and sort out the wiring. Could take 1-3 hours.

I was also told I had to get a brand new Bosch Powerpack, even if I had one already, or this would void the warranty.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
A few questions:

What bikes can have this installed? Have searched with no results.

With these bikes, can you install it yourself without voiding the warranty?

If not, how much is it typically to install?

I am asking about this because as I understand it, not including cost of parts, looking at £60 an hour to get the loom fitted to a Focus to fit a Bosch Powerpack on that. Apparently you have to dump the motor and sort out the wiring. Could take 1-3 hours.

I was also told I had to get a brand new Bosch Powerpack, even if I had one already, or this would void the warranty.
This might be a dumb question …But what is a “modular rail system”?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Several brands using the Bosch systems have the ability to fit range extender batteries - some of these take the form of the official Bosch power packs and others brand specific ones.

Scott, Orbea, Simplon, Haibike are amongst the brands to do this.

Feb 5, 2019
Wales
Several brands using the Bosch systems have the ability to fit range extender batteries - some of these take the form of the official Bosch power packs and others brand specific ones.

Scott, Orbea, Simplon, Haibike are amongst the brands to do this.
Hmm, interesting. Will search said brands for more information.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Mondraker and Norco allso offer ranger extenders for their Shimano powered bikes, but the main batteries on the bikes cannot be removed, though they are much larger capacity than the built in batter on the shimano powered focus

Rocky Mountain have a similar set up on their bikes called the overtime pack, again the main bike battery is fully integrated and non removable.

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
I run the dual battery on mine. Installation on tge rail system seems fairly easy. Only thing is the wiring ( i had a friend of mine do it)
About the warranty i cant answer you. You wont have any issues with other powerpacks as ive switch my batterys here and then with my dads ebike battery cuz he dont ride alot
20210130_095347.jpg

Feb 5, 2019
Wales
I run the dual battery on mine. Installation on tge rail system seems fairly easy. Only thing is the wiring ( i had a friend of mine do it)
About the warranty i cant answer you. You wont have any issues with other powerpacks as ive switch my batterys here and then with my dads ebike battery cuz he dont ride alot
View attachment 51544
So it would work on an 8.5 2021?

Feb 5, 2019
Wales
If it has a bosch and a modular rail system yes.
Well reading through the Haibike website, all Bosch Gen 4 hardtails should be equipped with the system. That in particular includes the Hardseven 9 and 10. What is not clear is the 8.5, at the spec is not on their website.

Need to do more digging.

Ok, Haibike Presents Its 2021 Trail Electric Bikes | Easy E-biking says, “What do Haibike Trail e-bikes have in common? All Haibike models share not only their visual identity, but also a complete set of equipment. This includes integrated lighting at the front and rear, solid mudguards and a luggage rack with the modular rail system.”

However, no mention of the 8.5 or anything else below without the gen 4 motor.

Shows images of the downtube, but it doesn’t look like anything is there, except a thin black line. It could be the integrated MRS, no idea.

Last edited:

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
You cant find the 8.5 on the haibike website.
Only a few online shops sell it with little info.
The hardtails only seems to have 2 different frames.
Are you buying it online? Or in a shop then you can ask there

Feb 5, 2019
Wales
You cant find the 8.5 on the haibike website.
Only a few online shops sell it with little info.
The hardtails only seems to have 2 different frames.
Are you buying it online? Or in a shop then you can ask there
Online and I am asking the seller via Email but have had no reply.

All4Fun

Aug 5, 2020
the Netherlands
Well reading through the Haibike website, all Bosch Gen 4 hardtails should be equipped with the system. That in particular includes the Hardseven 9 and 10. What is not clear is the 8.5, at the spec is not on their website.

Need to do more digging.

Ok, Haibike Presents Its 2021 Trail Electric Bikes | Easy E-biking says, “What do Haibike Trail e-bikes have in common? All Haibike models share not only their visual identity, but also a complete set of equipment. This includes integrated lighting at the front and rear, solid mudguards and a luggage rack with the modular rail system.”

However, no mention of the 8.5 or anything else below without the gen 4 motor.

Shows images of the downtube, but it doesn’t look like anything is there, except a thin black line. It could be the integrated MRS, no idea.
The thin black line could be the rubber strip that protects the empty MRS rail.
I've seen a 360 view on bikester, and to me it looks like MRS.

Feb 5, 2019
Wales
Allmost sure its compatible.
thats the rubber entree of the cable from your external battety View attachment 51557
Ok thanks. I was wondering if you had a dropper post? I was thinking the wiring along with the extender from the MRS might be a bit too tight to fit the cabling in. No idea whether this affects it or not.

The thin black line could be the rubber strip that protects the empty MRS rail.
I've seen a 360 view on bikester, and to me it looks like MRS.

Thanks.

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
No i dont have a dropperpost but i do have a speedbox installed what made it hard to install the seccond battery.

Nice good luck with your bike

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles