Founding Member
Apr 2, 2018
West Sussex
Product Image:
mobi-portable-12v-pressure-washer-v-15-1291744629-l.jpg

Product name: Mobi V-15 Portable Bike Pressure Washer
Price paid: 64.99
Score (out of 10): 9

Review: A nice bit of kit but the hose gun that comes with it is crap and leaks like a sieve.
You can remove the hose adapter from the gun and fit to a hoselock flat hose connector and then a decent hose gun, then it becomes an awesome bit of kit
It holds enough water to wash off a muddy bike but only just. The water pressure is a little less than you would get out of a garden tap but in my opinion, thats perfect and not likly to damage any seals.

I got mine from Chain Reaction Cycles and the delivery was quite quick.
I have become reliant on it to wash the bike off before I put it on the roof rack but the bike still needs a proper wash and clean when I get home.
If ever it packs up on me then I would definitely buy another one

Biscuit

Mar 24, 2018
Surrey
I’ve got the V-17 model, also purchased from crc, and find it an awesome bit of kit. Having had it for 6 months and living in a flat I was looking for options, I also looked at the Karcher but felt the small water tank would not suffice. The V-17 model hold 17 litres of water, has a removable charging base and when attached to the water tank, has wheels for easy transportation. I find the water pressure more the adequate being able to plug it into your car cigarette socket for extra pressure when needed. So in summary a great bit of kit cost £99, ideal if you have live in a flat, found no issues with bearings, but I do check regularly and apply more grease if required. Forgot to mention I also changed the nozzle to a hoselock.

Ade

Founding Member
Apr 2, 2018
West Sussex
That might well help shift mud quicker with less water.
how long have you had it?
I got it in February, ive used a half a dozen times now, and always on a very muddy bike and gets it clean enough for transport

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Been pleased with mine and the shower nozzle is great for a shower when camping . Not had a problem with my nozzle leaking yet . But you can’t leave it too full in the van or the water leaks out the air hold in the lid , Using a brush helps to remove mud , takes too much water to just blast it off .
I think if the pressure of this is causing problems with bearings you need to look at your grease and servicing because it’s pretty gentle .
Do you get a better stronger jet with that gun Ade ?

Ade

Founding Member
Apr 2, 2018
West Sussex
Do you get a better stronger jet with that gun Ade ?

depending on the nozzle setting it can be strong or weak, different jet settings for cleaning the crap off your tyres or weaker around the motor or bearings.

this is the one
s-l1600.jpg

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Nah. it was the opposite. The lack of pressure was meaning I was spraying the bike for far longer than I was would with a pressure washer or home hose meaning the water was getting into places I wouldn't spray a higher pressure jet at.. Yeah a brush would have helped but they weren't my mobiwashers and I or my friends didn't have a brush.
the grease is contained in the HTII BB bearings. it's not meant to be a servicable part/ although popping out the plastic spacer and using a craft knife will lift the seals means you can get in to replace the grease. hat's kind of a last ditch bodge rather than maintenance though.
headset and frame bearings are all also sealed cartridge bearings so a simlar deal really.

Have found lifting the seals and greasing with decent waterproof grease is the only way unless I replace bearings every 6 months . Especially freewheel and headset . I’ve got the screw in hollowtech B.B. q0 tears old in one bike yet a bloody push fit in a new Cannondale only lasted 3 months . Wheels manufacturing bottom bracket seems the best upgrade for pushfit

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles