Levo Gen 2 Mission Control not recording correct mileage

JP11

Jan 28, 2021
Dorset
New Levo. 4th ride today. This was about 18 miles with no stops. Although mission control plotted the route accurately on the map and the duration (1hr 21 minutes) it recorded the distance only as only being 1.97miles with an average speed as 1.44mph ! All the software etc. is up to date. Is this a common experience and is it likely to recur? Thanks

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
New Levo. 4th ride today. This was about 18 miles with no stops. Although mission control plotted the route accurately on the map and the duration (1hr 21 minutes) it recorded the distance only as only being 1.97miles with an average speed as 1.44mph ! All the software etc. is up to date. Is this a common experience and is it likely to recur? Thanks

I never had that issue.

I suppose you could try deleting the MC app and re-installing it and you could also try re-pairing the bike and your phone, if you haven’t already.

I use an iPhone 11...I always get prompted for setting location to always...I make sure I change it from location “while using” to “always” when riding since the app is in the background when I ride...might not apply to you if you do not use iPhone.

I use Aftershokz for tunes so my iPhone is using Bluetooth for multiple devices/apps during each ride.

I have a 2020 Comp and a 2021 SL Carbon Comp paired.

I also have MC auto start on (you noted you didn’t stop).

thewildblue

Feb 14, 2019
Bucks
Power saving enabled on the phone so the GPS isnt fully active ? This would apply to android similar to the iphone explanation above.

JP11

Jan 28, 2021
Dorset
Thanks. No, power saving is always switched off. Went out today to see if same problem occurred but too cold and so quickly returned!

Derek182

Mar 6, 2021
Chelmsford
Thanks. No, power saving is always switched off. Went out today to see if same problem occurred but too cold and so quickly returned!
Did you get a solution to this?
I've just bought a secondhand 2017 Levo HT Fattie and linked it to Mission Control, all works great, very happy with the bike but a local 20 mile ride shows as 7 miles on MC and a max speed of 7 mph!
One side effect is that it's still helping me well beyond 15 mph, presumably because it thinks I'm doing far less than that!
So maybe a good thing, wonder if the previous owner skewed something to override the speed limiter?

bpbike

Jan 6, 2022
Blue Hill, Maine, USA
Following this one with interest. Recently bought myself a '21 comp. First two long rides it seemed that mission control was being optimistic by about 4%, but that's okay, my ego can handle a little stroking. Today I went for what was probably about a 25 mile ride and MC told me I had ridden 0.03 km (it keeps switching back to km from miles...) and used 0 wh! Strangely it mapped it correctly, had the correct time and seemed to show the altitude gains correctly. This is through my iPhone; I'm wondering if the problem would be the same running through a Specialized display or maybe a Garmin? This was also after updating the app on my phone. Fortunately I was in it for the ride, not the miles. Waiting for some wisdom!
IMG_8242.jpeg

unityjon

Jan 27, 2022
essex
Did you get a solution to this?
I've just bought a secondhand 2017 Levo HT Fattie and linked it to Mission Control, all works great, very happy with the bike but a local 20 mile ride shows as 7 miles on MC and a max speed of 7 mph!
One side effect is that it's still helping me well beyond 15 mph, presumably because it thinks I'm doing far less than that!
So maybe a good thing, wonder if the previous owner skewed something to override the speed limiter?

Had a similar(ish ) issue, i think my Levo has been fitted with a derestrictor of somesort, if i use my garmin, Blevo or Mission Control to record the ride they are all wrong (by the same amount) if i use my Garmin and turn off the speed sensor it record correctly, i can only assume something has been modified, but yet to find what !

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles