Mission Control iOS App 1.2.0 featuring Infinite Tune - Now Available

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Hi,
I upgraded the app, my levels were the same as before. I did not touch the set default option. Will this change my motor characteristic? The only change i saw was the slider for acceleration was switched to the slider for peak power. Nothing else has changed for me. But i have not taken it for a ride yet. ECO, TRAL and TURBO is at the same level as before 30,70,100.
Yes same for me too ,i just connected to my bike

MartynG

May 26, 2018
Leeds
I think I'm going to wait this out too, I don't need the new FW right now, and still have the old the app, i would hate get it all updated then not be able to roll back.

I'll wait and see how the new firmware works in real world scenarios before I update.
I will say that reading stores bike stores charging people $35 for a FW is disgusting.

Anyone who bought their bike mail order, moves house, got a gift or got it directly from specializeds website and/or webstore is being charged for essentially a security fix, safety fix or correcting the bike / battery.
It's also very likely that like there will be a 23.2 / 23.3 etc which means customers must pay another $35 every time specialized potentially fix a bug or error In their firmware.

Imagine paying for a new FW on your PC or phone or router.
I personally think it's shameful that any specialized authorised dealer charges customers for this.

Non specialized authorised dealers can charge for this sure, but authorised dealers should be subsidised by specialized they selves. A FW update takes a few minutes and should not be a customer cost.
Specialized have stated this firmware update contains a safety upgrade and have removed modes for safety reasons, yet the user is being charged to make the bike safe?

I personally won't be paying for a FW upgrade, that should be free and specialized should support that via their authorised dealers sites.
I'll wait this out, as we already know there is a new engine FW en route, so those paying $35 now will have to pay again To update the engine FW and the next battery FW that goes with the new engine update and next app update.

Cyclone

May 10, 2018
I upgraded the app, my levels were the same as before. I did not touch the set default option. Will this change my motor characteristic? The only change i saw was the slider for acceleration was switched to the slider for peak power. Nothing else has changed for me. But i have not taken it for a ride yet. ECO, TRAL and TURBO is at the same level as before 30,70,100.

Do not press restore defaults!
It changes your defaults to
35 ECO
95 Trial?
100 Turbo?

Overall MAX power in ALL modes is set to 35%? and it removes the "race" setting if currently in use!???

WTF!

A HUGE warning should be attached to this update as it royally fudged up my bike and it's not good at all now!
Do not restore defaults!

Now I am reading that specialized dealers want to CHARGE customers to restore the bike, make it safer and update/fix the changes THEY made without advising us that the changes would take place in the first place?

Anyone accepting or defending that is... crazy!
Total BS!

Last edited:

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Hi,
That is possible, but can’t tell you for sure. I would imagine if the app updated without the firmware update then it would remain the same. Except Mc would now be called peak power and it would default the Acceleration to eco, and loose that adjustment.

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Do not press restore defaults!
It changes your defaults to
35 ECO
95 Trial?
100 Turbo?

Overall MAX power in ALL modes is set to 35%? and it removes the "race" setting if currently in use!???

WTF!

A HUGE warning should be attached to this update as it royally fudged up my bike and it's not good at all now!
Do not restore defaults!

Now I am reading that specialized dealers want to CHARGE customers to restore the bike, make it safer and update/fix the changes THEY made without advising us that the changes would take place in the first place?

Anyone accepting or defending that is... crazy!
Total BS!
You just don’t use the factory default on the new updated app. You adjust it to be like the old factory default if that is what you want to use. You will need the new battery firmware to achieve this.
You just loose the acceleration slider and it defaults to eco.

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
I think I'm going to wait this out too, I don't need the new FW right now, and still have the old the app, i would hate get it all updated then not be able to roll back.

I'll wait and see how the new firmware works in real world scenarios before I update.
I will say that reading stores bike stores charging people $35 for a FW is disgusting.

Anyone who bought their bike mail order, moves house, got a gift or got it directly from specializeds website and/or webstore is being charged for essentially a security fix, safety fix or correcting the bike / battery.
It's also very likely that like there will be a 23.2 / 23.3 etc which means customers must pay another $35 every time specialized potentially fix a bug or error In their firmware.

I personally think it's shameful that any specialized authorised dealer charges customers for this.

Non specialized authorised dealers can charge for this sure, but authorised dealers should be subsidised by specialized they selves. A FW update takes a few minutes and should not be a customer cost.
Specialized have stated this firmware update contains a safety upgrade and have removed modes for safety reasons, yet the user is being charged to make the bike safe?

I personally won't be paying for a FW upgrade, that should be free and specialized should support that via their authorised dealers sites.
I'll wait this out, as we already know there is a new engine FW en route, so those paying $35 now will have to pay again To update the engine FW and the next battery FW that goes with the new engine update and next app update.
I agree 100%. Besides, the BLEvo application is far superior to the Specialized one, I can't believe how far behind they are in functionality and innovation in the application. The heart-rate-monitor relationship to bike power output that the BLEvo app offers is genius.

Cyclone

May 10, 2018
You just don’t use the factory default on the new updated app. You adjust it to be like the old factory default if that is what you want to use. You will need the new battery firmware to achieve this.
You just loose the acceleration slider and it defaults to eco.

Which changes the entire characteristics of the entire motor delivery system, therefore nullifying the previous defaults as they are now completely and utterly unobtainable and entirely different to how they are now.

There are lots of ways this affects people but let's just look at 2. Just because it doesn't affect you, doesn't mean it doesn't affect some one else!

For example...
1) If a rider used to run 45/75/100 (with RACE and 100 power delivery) after the upgrade the app will default them to 35/95/100 on ECO with 35% power delivery.
Let's say the user changes the setting to best match his previous settings, he can NEVER get back what he had due to the removal of the normal/race settings, and the different way in which the battery delivers its power to the new curve of the motor (more like zeus 100w user in = 100w motor out etc (changed from 100% user in = 320% motor out instantly just by gently pushing the pedal in race mode) meaning riders who enjoyed resting their foot on the pedal and getting a boost of rocket power to get you out of a sticky situation CAN NEVER HAVE THIS BACK EVER! No matter what changes you make. Instead of offering BOTH the Zeus settings and the original, they chose 1 over the other and basically forced all rides to do it wether they like it, use it or not.

The entire power delivery system of the battery has been adjusted, not just the GUI.

2) If a rider just bought the bike, uses the defaults and doesn't get involved in settings (to complicated for some users, like The guy who posted earlier) people like him, just woke up to a bike that now performes so wildly different (shit/less power/less power delivery) they are likely to feel concerned that their bike is fault as it's not working like it used to, they can no long get up hills they used to because the new defaults are literally A restricted JOKE!

Those new users, old users etc users must now get into the guts of the settings they previously didn't want to, and they MUST change the mission control settings and some how find settings they like (without ever knowing what the old defaults were) and as the defaults are complete JUNK they must either learn/deal with it or pay to have it tuned OR upgrade their FW at a cost of $35 to get even a modicum of control back that they NEVER needed or wanted previously as the old defaults right out of the box were actually alright and made sense for THEM.

It's not all about how it affects you, it's how it affects the entire community.

Last edited:

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
Which changes the entire characteristics of the entire motor delivery system, therefore nullifying the previous defaults as they are now completely and utterly unobtainable and entirely different to how they are now.

There are lots of ways this affects people but let's just look at 2. Just because it doesn't affect you, doesn't mean it doesn't affect some one else!

For example...
1) If a rider used to run 45/75/100 (with RACE and 100 power delivery) after the upgrade the app will default them to 35/95/100 on ECO with 35% power delivery.
Let's say the user changes the setting to best match his previous settings, he can NEVER get back what he had due to the removal of the normal/race settings, and the different way in which the battery delivers its power to the new curve of the motor (more like zeus 100w user in = 100w motor out etc (changed from 100% user in = 320% motor out instantly just by gently pushing the pedal in race mode) meaning riders who enjoyed resting their foot on the pedal and getting a boost of rocket power to get you out of a sticky situation CAN NEVER HAVE THIS BACK EVER! No matter what changes you make. Instead of offering BOTH the Zeus settings and the original, they chose 1 over the other and basically forced all rides to do it wether they like it, use it or not.

The entire power delivery system of the battery has been adjusted, not just the GUI.

2) If a rider just bought the bike, uses the defaults and doesn't get involved in settings (to complicated for some users, like The guy who posted earlier) people like him, just woke up to a bike that now performes so wildly different (shit/less power/less power delivery) they are likely to feel concerned that their bike is fault as it's not working like it used to, they can no long get up hills they used to because the new defaults are literally A restricted JOKE!

Those new users, old users etc users must now get into the guts of the settings they previously didn't want to, and they MUST change the mission control settings and some how find settings they like (without ever knowing what the old defaults were) and as the defaults are complete JUNK they must either learn/deal with it or pay to have it tuned OR upgrade their FW at a cost of $35 to get even a modicum of control back that they NEVER needed or wanted previously as the old defaults right out of the box were actually alright and made sense for THEM.

It's not all about how it affects you, it's how it affects the entire community.

Yes, they have fucked up the application and have removed the 'Race' feature. However, this is only a software limitation on your phone when you are accessing the bike through the updated Mission Control app. No firmware change has occurred to your battery, so what you simply need to do is either roll back your version of Mission Control - (though I am not sure if you can easily do this).

OR

Purchase the BLEvo app (or alternative) BLEvo - For Smart Turbo Levo on the App Store and you will be able to enjoy the settings (including Race) that you preferred. The sooner you ditch the Mission Control app the better, it is far inferior in comparison to BLEvo.

Mambat

Mar 19, 2018
United Kingdom
I agree with Tori, get off the Mission Control App!

I have been using the BLevo for the past three weeks and the difference is night and day.
You have total control with BLevo of how you want your bike to respond, if you want a rocket for a quick 1 hour blast just select that "map" or if you are doing a long adventure chilled distance ride you can select a "map" for that.

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk

For example...

you have a very good point mate why dont you address this directly to specialized

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Specialized may well subsidise the FW updates, but it may not cover the time required to do them. In a free market economy dealers are free to charge as they see fit. If you bought your bike mail order to save a few quid you shouldn’t really be surprised if your local dealer wants to make some money out of you. If you don’t want pay it, use a different dealer.

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
ok just talked with specialized UK very nice helpful chap but sounds like I knew more than he did but hes going to look into why the acceleration fuction is missing
on the subject of paying for upgrades he said they provide them to the dealer for free and they shouldnt charge but if you take the battery to a dealer you didnt buy from its possibe they will set a labour charge
@Rob Hancill I have suggested to specialized that they have a specialized rep to come on here and answer questions, they said they have a guy who will do that and they will pass on my request

JonasH

Founding Member
Jan 23, 2018
Norway
I just installed the BLevo app and i'm going to test it out, seems it has all the thinkable adjustments that the new upgrade from mission control has AND then some.... Also a lot more smartness and features like HR connection so that you can set a target HR and the bike automaticly adjust the assist and power level to keep you in that zoone...

Cyclone

May 10, 2018
Yes, they have fucked up the application and have removed the 'Race' feature. However, this is only a software limitation on your phone when you are accessing the bike through the updated Mission Control app. No firmware change has occurred to your battery, so what you simply need to do is either roll back your version of Mission Control - (though I am not sure if you can easily do this).

OR

Purchase the BLEvo app (or alternative) BLEvo - For Smart Turbo Levo on the App Store and you will be able to enjoy the settings (including Race) that you preferred. The sooner you ditch the Mission Control app the better, it is far inferior in comparison to BLEvo.

I agree the functionality is there if I use this app. The issue here is the app cost £10 and "potentially" voids my warrenty. They do state NOT to use 3rd party apps and if the derestriction feature of that app is used in any (even accidentally) your warranty is void also.
As a REP is coming on these forums, and for example you mention in your videos you derestricted your bike then your entire warranty is void. I'd rather not pay £10 and potentially lose my warranty.

Specialized may well subsidise the FW updates, but it may not cover the time required to do them. In a free market economy dealers are free to charge as they see fit. If you bought your bike mail order to save a few quid you shouldn’t really be surprised if your local dealer wants to make some money out of you. If you don’t want pay it, use a different dealer.

I disagree entirely as does every other market that currently requires firmware upgrades. I bought my car from a garage in another country, but I can go back to ANY authorised BMW dealership to get firmware updates FREE! Just recently we had new voice activation features added, a security fix for keyless entry, and additional phone support. I took it to a dealer they did it, no cost. They will never charge me for FW upgrades as if someone has an accident its on them! if the dealers says we offer it free and user never took it, it's on user!

ok just talked with specialized UK very nice helpful chap but sounds like I knew more than he did but hes going to look into why the acceleration fuction is missing
on the subject of paying for upgrades he said they provide them to the dealer for free and they shouldnt charge but if you take the battery to a dealer you didnt buy from its possibe they will set a labour charge
@Rob Hancill I have suggested to specialized that they have a specialized rep to come on here and answer questions, they said they have a guy who will do that and they will pass on my request

They say in the update it was removed for safety reason as it was delivering too much / irregular power and wasn't as smooth as other modes. Therefore it's technically being removed for safety reasons. They are charging users to ride a bike in either an UNSAFE mode or PAY to get the SAFTEY features upgraded. Disgusting. And people defending that, is beyond me?

It's not about if people agree with me, it's about how people accept a model moving forward. Right now the following things are being pushed on you, and noonr has issue with them?

Customer must Pay to remove features.
Customer must Pay for safety features.
Force the bike to function incorrectly/differently, to inconvenience those who don't want to upgrade (without notice/choice)
Void warranty of anyone who chooses not to upgrade and pays for a 3rd party app to get functionality back.
Remove features instead of adding features and leaving user choice (plus a notice)
Forcing new disfunctional default settings on all users without notification/advisory.
Charging users to upgrade the bike if they bought the bike mail order directly from specialized (NOT to save money, but because the only place that had a this size was specialized directly) and it was in their warehouse not in a store and I paid full price fir myself bike as I needed a small size.
Etc etc etc

Accepting that as a business model is not good?
That's worse than in app purchases and/or loot boxes.
If people are accepting of that model, it won't be long before you see it move to other places if it's accepted without resistance.
Your I OS devices need £10 every time they need a security upgrade,
or your PC needs an security update £10 please,
your car needs an safety update £10 please,
your laptop needs a safety update £10 please,
your router needs a security update £10 please,
your TV needs an update to disable a feature that's a security issue £10 please...
Your Ambon echo needs an update £10 please...

It's not about agreeing with me, it's about looking at what is happening to you! What they are doing is disgusting. Even then, it's not £10 these charlatans are wanting £15 per upgrade?

What if next week they say.
But in the new firmware causes engine to overheat. Here is 23.2 go get it upgraded people and you'll all need to pay another £15 ???

Wtf is wrong with people accepting these micro transactions in this format?

Last edited:

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
I agree the functionality is there if I use this app. The issue here is the app cost £10 and "potentially" voids my warrenty. They do state NOT to use 3rd party apps and if the derestriction feature of that app is used in any (even accidentally) your warranty is void also.
As a REP is coming on these forums, and for example you mention in your videos you derestricted your bike then your entire warranty is void. I'd rather not pay £10 and potentially lose my warranty.

Firstly, I really doubt that the firmware on the battery would log the changes made in BLEvo.

However, I do not intend to override the stock settings in the app, so I forsee no problem; even if there were logging of speed limit changes.

The 'maps' in BLEvo are simply variations in motor power, current and acceleration, as were adjustable in Mission Control.

I was skeptical about the app initially, but once I thought rationally about it, I gave it a try, and kicked myself mentally for not using it sooner.

Cyclone

May 10, 2018
Firstly, I really doubt that the firmware on the battery would log the changes made in BLEvo.

However, I do not intend to override the stock settings in the app, so I forsee no problem; even if there were logging of speed limit changes.

The 'maps' in BLEvo are simply variations in motor power, current and acceleration, as were adjustable in Mission Control.

I was skeptical about the app initially, but once I thought rationally about it, I gave it a try, and kicked myself mentally for not using it sooner.

Yea I get that, however they do state that the battery logs all changes made in a .log file accessible via a specialized dealer. Like a black box of sorts but much much simpler.

It states this in the literature. It's not hard to add a .log file to anything. I suspect the battery does indeed log its Temp/MPH/Settings at boot etc along with every time a change is made and SAVEDto the bike into a .log file as it would hold thousands of lines of code/text for every MB in a compressed state and would be incredibly valuable for them for "development" purposes. It's likely that's the reason why the official app needs a data connection as they very likely call home with the bike settings on occasion.

With that said, in your latest video don't you point the canera at the screen and demonstrate how you deresticted the bike and are riding along above the restriction speed? I'm not sure? If THEY see that, or decide to check your .log history, your warranty is toast! if you made any unauthorised changes (as they official app states NOT to use 3rd party apps) that they sent happy with, you are left with a hunk of junk because you didn't pay for the update.

Im not having a go, just trying to help you see the situation THEY put you in not ME!

Last edited:

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
I can garentee at least til now as long as you do a mission control reset they cannot tell what apps you have been using
Stating that useing third party apps us not reccomended they do not say must not be used
The deristriction setting of any app needs a concious effort you can not do it by mistake
If you bought your bike from spesh then get on to them and get them to tell you where to take it to get it done for free they will do that

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Where’s the overreaction emoji when you need it, eh?

I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill here. I believe it was said some dealers may charge, not all dealers will charge. Find one that doesn’t. It’s that simple.

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
Yea I get that, however they do state that the battery logs all changes made in a .log file accessible via a specialized dealer. Like a black box of sorts but much much simpler.

It states this in the literature. It's not hard to add a .log file to anything. I suspect the battery does indeed log its Temp/MPH/Settings at boot etc along with every time a change is made and SAVEDto the bike into a .log file as it would hold thousands of lines of code/text for every MB in a compressed state and would be incredibly valuable for them for "development" purposes. It's likely that's the reason why the official app needs a data connection as they very likely call home with the bike settings on occasion.

With that said, in your latest video don't you point the canera at the screen and demonstrate how you deresticted the bike and are riding along above the restriction speed? I'm not sure? If THEY see that, or decide to check your .log history, your warranty is toast! if you made any unauthorised changes (as they official app states NOT to use 3rd party apps) that they sent happy with, you are left with a hunk of junk because you didn't pay for the update.

Im not having a go, just trying to help you see the situation THEY put you in not ME!
In my latest video, I was just riding along normally, it's not hard to ride above the 25kmph motor cut out when you're on flat tar roads. Actually, that's the beauty of the cut out at that speed, you can conserve a lot of battery when you're pedalling along the heavy bike at around 27-30kmph.

I have not in any way adjusted the speed limit on my bike, nor do I intend to. At least not yet . . . ! :devilish::devilish::devilish:

Last edited:

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Well, thank god I had the Mission Control Apps on 2 different devices and only updated one of them as otherwise I would be slitting my wrists right about now by the sounds of it....?.

Might give try Blevo a try to see what it is like as I like the sound of the HR functionality. Cannot understand why the Mission Control App does not have any type of HR monitoring on it.

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia

I was told on the phone $35 and they know they got you over a barrel when they are the only Spesh dealer in the area. The next nearest is 150km round trip away. Where I got the bike and used to live is a 250km round trip away. They did only rob me $30 however. Soon as the till opened they then told me the motor update was out in about a week so bring it back. They no likely will charge me again.

Cyclone

May 10, 2018
I was told on the phone $35 and they know they got you over a barrel when they are the only Spesh dealer in the area. The next nearest is 150km round trip away. Where I got the bike and used to live is a 250km round trip away. They did only rob me $30 however. Soon as the till opened they then told me the motor update was out in about a week so bring it back. They no likely will charge me again.

Brilliant ;)

So everything I said, and was told was an overreaction by a user on page 4! turned out, in less that 8 hours to be factually correct and present in 2 users XD... who'd have guessed it.

THats my point entirely outer limits, I feel for you, just because it doesn't affect them, doesn't mean it's a non issue or an over reaction. Unfortunately there are so many people that argue, pressure, belittle those who experience an issue that doesn't affect them, it's a shame that people get trolled for experiencing something that others dont. Sorry I bought direct, sorry I moved house, sorry I got a gift lol :)

So next week it's another $35 for the motor upgrade, then they will no doubt do 23.2 which will be a bug fix that's critical otherwise the battery will die XD and they will charge you to fix their mistake again, now your already in over $100 what a bargain! Ready for the 23.3 in July when 2019 models launch XD :)

Disgusting mate, as I already said! Specialized should be ashamed of this BS!

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Brilliant ;)

So everything I said, and was told was an overreaction by a user on page 4! turned out, in less that 8 hours to be factually correct and present in 2 users XD... who'd have guessed it.

THats my point entirely outer limits, I feel for you, just because it doesn't affect them, doesn't mean it's a non issue or an over reaction. Unfortunately there are so many people that argue, pressure, belittle those who experience an issue that doesn't affect them.

So next week it's another $35 for the motor upgrade, then they will no doubt do 23.2 which will be a bug fix that's critical otherwise the battery will die XD and they will charge you to fix their mistake again, now your already in over $100 what a bargain!

Disgusting mate, as I already said! Specialized should be ashamed of this BS!
Yeah i’m Fairly pissed at this shop to start with, and it was salt in an old wound to pay them a dime.
My first dealing with them was a creak that developed. They told me they stopped every bolt out and motor out ect and it still creaked. Did not charge me and told me to go to where I brought it. 250km round trip and they took motor out, cleaned and greased and no more creak. So to original shop was just full of bs, and now they charge me for the firmware update. I’m going to spill the beans on this shop soon just loading the chamber as they are giving me plenty of ammo.

Cyclone

May 10, 2018
Yeah i’m Fairly pissed at this shop to start with, and it was salt in an old wound to pay them a dime.
My first dealing with them was a creak that developed. They told me they stopped every bolt out and motor out ect and it still creaked. Did not charge me and told me to go to where I brought it. 250km round trip and they took motor out, cleaned and greased and no more creak. So to original shop was just full of bs, and now they charge me for the firmware update. I’m going to spill the beans on this shop soon just loading the chamber as they are giving me plenty of ammo.

I am genuinely on the same page, I completely Understand and empathise with you.
This is why I don't think its productive for belittle or attack someones view point or situation like some on here do religiously.p, thread after thread just because they don't happen to experience the same thing you do.

My situation is very similar my LBS is beginning to really get under my skin :)

I asked them for a bike, they asked me to come in, I went in, they measured me, I was to small for a medium (even though I'm well into the medium range?) they had a medium but no smalls In stock. They "checked" online and said there was no smalls so I could. Only buy this medium and they were pushing a sale.

It was a push to sell me the medium as they wanted a sale of course.
I left after a bit of pressure, came here, started a thread (that again got the usual suspects having a go at me about me sizing? So I eventually left as it become a bash fest, wasn't productive, as no one was looking at my actual situation they were focused on their situation, not my actual situation.

So I searched online, found a bike in small, bought it (directly from specialised website) was NOT EVER told that by doing so I would forgot all future safety and security updates? WTF?

So now my local LBS want to charge me for an update? Well NO!
Not only will I not do that (as they are abhorrent) they even said this charge would stand, as they were ringing £60 worth of kit through the till :)

So I said really.. even though I'm coming to you for parts, accessories, services etc? They said yes!
So i refunded the £60 sale, went to Evans, walked in, bought the stuff and walked out XD

Hilariously after all this, I spoke to Evans and they said they can do upgrades and will charge me, BUT if I book a service with them at any time, they will do this as part of a service. So I think in 3 months I'll Be due a service any way. So I'll pay for service, check up, new chain etc and they will update all firmware etc as part of that making it free, which even the tiebreaker shop refused to do. I would be charged a service and a FW upgrade.

So my local bike store has lost around £5000 for the bike, £800 in accessories, £60 sale that day, and future ongoing services (once a quarter) as they are completely worthless and unhelpful.

To be fair, they have a pretty bad reputation anyway, but it's them or Evans so they still have a viable business and get lots of custom, but they are not good at all.

There is no way on this earth that customers who buy direct or move home and have invested up to £9000 on a bike DIRECTLY with the manufactures website, should be exempt from SAFETY and SECURITY upgrades.

I'm honestly disgusted in this And can't believe that some people are actually defending it? WTF? What happened to people. Defending a corporate company, fleecing and taking advantage of users and charging said users for SAFETY upgrades to a motor vehicle! WTF? How is that NOT illegal!

Imagine selling a car, then it requires a safety upgrade! They recall right away or force users into any dealership to get it done ASAP! This is a motorised road vehicle that's getting safety upgrades and they are saying ... Na... unless you pay us, you will ride the dangerous version LMAO XD :) and users are DEFENDING this????

I can't even..... :-/

Last edited:

Mountie

Apr 29, 2018
Canada
Had one of my two batteries upgraded today haven’t ridden with 23 yet but I’ll let you know my humble opinions soon. Just a footnote .... my old 460w battery was from my original Levo it would not work on my 18 it would keep cutting out after two minutes of riding and the bar switch would not switch modes upgraded to new software and the switch operates and all normal :)

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
There are good and bad dealers keep looking here’s my experience.

Bought base fsr Levo, loved it but clunked after three days. Dealer took back and returned a brand new expert Levo no extra cost courtesy of specialized, motor stopped ( possible water incursion) gave me a brand new fsr base off of the floor to ride while they ordered me another free of charge 17 Expert. 18 carbon was announced dealer traded my second 17 Expert for a brand new carbon expert free of charge. Shock failed dealer replaced with brand new fox shock off 17 expert free of charge. Moral of the story shop with your feet people. I as a matter of principle will not buy from another manufacturer or from another dealer after being treated so well. I’ve sold two high end specialized bikes to friends in the past month in an attempt to pay back the awesome customer experience.
Yeah shop with your feet,.. that’s great if you have feasible options, but many do not when it comes to dealers.
I had 3 dealers within a reasonable distance. Now there is just one, and I’m stuck with them if I need anything done in a reasonable time frame. Otherwise, I got a 250km / 3.5 hour trip, to somewhere I know will look after me but this takes time, and if ya need parts ordered in, its another trip. So not always feasible.

Last edited:

npatrix

May 22, 2018
Joburg, South Africa
It would be great to have someone from Specialized in the forum (I know @Rob Hancill is on it).

The reason I am saying it, is because I am sure Specialized require specific terms and requirement to become a dealer, one of the reason we often pay a premium on this brand is because we also expect a high quality service (this is part of their brand positioning too), so If this is not delivered because someone don’t have competitors around... worth to be reported to specialized!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
There is no way on this earth that customers who buy direct or move home and have invested up to £9000 on a bike DIRECTLY with the manufactures website, should be exempt from SAFETY and SECURITY upgrades.
How are they exempt? Are you saying they are unable to get the upgrade? Or are you assuming that everyone will forgo the upgrade because they may have to pay?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles