I'm a few versions behind!!

levo.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Logged on and off ..

Can confirm it doesn't work for the older TCU in the battery bikes :)

It looks a bit prettier though ..

A tricky one, @Specialized Rider Care would it be possible to add a switch in the app to adjust speed/distance to be calculated by GPS instead of wheel size. If you swap between 27.5 and 29 the stats aren't accurate so people end up not using it. I think in terms of diagnosis and data gathering for development, you'd rather people did use it, no matter the circumstances ?

chrchr

Jun 16, 2020
Sweden
@Specialized Rider Care would it be possible to provide a link out from the app to release notes?

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
Before the update I had to switch on my Android phone, Bluetooth and have a network then switch on the bike. After the update I can switch the bike on first. This is quite welcome as I can get connected during and post ride with less faff.

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
No. Dealers can change it down to 2000mm if requested.

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
Logged on and off ..

Can confirm it doesn't work for the older TCU in the battery bikes :)

It looks a bit prettier though ..

A tricky one, @Specialized Rider Care would it be possible to add a switch in the app to adjust speed/distance to be calculated by GPS instead of wheel size. If you swap between 27.5 and 29 the stats aren't accurate so people end up not using it. I think in terms of diagnosis and data gathering for development, you'd rather people did use it, no matter the circumstances ?

Log off/on also worked for me on IOS.

I love that I can see that all my firmware is up to date.

I would also like to be able to change wheel circumference...I run 27.5+ in the rear...PIA leaving it at the dealer...I do a roll out and what they entered was not accurate...had it in twice...they mistakenly put in the value for my 29+ front tire (apparently not realizing the rear was 27.5+).

@Specialized Rider Care couldn’t you just restrict the lower and upper values of wheel circumference?

My roll out test was 89 inches for my rear 27.5+ (Specialized Purgatory Grid 27.5 X 3.0), but somehow the dealer recorded it as 91.06 inches...the default value was closer than what they entered...have to take it back for a third time.

I guess there will always be folks that want to change their speed limit by putting in a smaller circumference...I just want a more accurate mileage recording.

Apr 26, 2020
Out west
Maybe I spoke too soon. First out this morning and it connected immediately.
Later after hiking and getting back to the bike I couldn't connect.
Back home I still couldn't connect. I rebooted the bike with no success.
I got it to connect again after rebooting the phone.
I'm wondering if having it connected to another blue tooth device - a speaker,
Broke the ability to reconnect. On 20B it was slow but always reconnected.
Even when I had the speaker connected.

I ride with music most of the time

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
When i look on the update page there are no figures at all in the columns, am i only supposed to see figures if there is an update available?

boBE

Apr 12, 2020
FL
Log off/on also worked for me on IOS.

I love that I can see that all my firmware is up to date.

I would also like to be able to change wheel circumference...I run 27.5+ in the rear...PIA leaving it at the dealer...I do a roll out and what they entered was not accurate...had it in twice...they mistakenly put in the value for my 29+ front tire (apparently not realizing the rear was 27.5+).

@Specialized Rider Care couldn’t you just restrict the lower and upper values of wheel circumference?

My roll out test was 89 inches for my rear 27.5+ (Specialized Purgatory Grid 27.5 X 3.0), but somehow the dealer recorded it as 91.06 inches...the default value was closer than what they entered...have to take it back for a third time.

I guess there will always be folks that want to change their speed limit by putting in a smaller circumference...I just want a more accurate mileage recording.

Count me in @Specialized Rider Care , I put 27.5" wheels on my Levo SL and want my speed/mileage to be accurate. I shouldn't have to take my SL to the dealer and leave it for days just to get this done.

jaggysnake

Jul 5, 2019
uk
im usually the first to update my tech, but as this is an expensive bike I’m treading carefully. Mine is on the same version as yours before update.

Have you noticed any downsides to doing the update..?

I’m also a BLEvo user if that makes any difference.

No it went smoothly, blue lights seem to appear different when u turn bike off. Don't use blevo

Sep 1, 2018
Newcastle
And the first prize goes to @salko !

Correct - on the 15th June 2020 we soft-launched functionality within Mission Control for Levo 2019/2020 and Kenevo 2020 owners to update their TCU firmware. This will ensure that riders have the latest TCU performance updates, bluetooth connectivity improvements and error management revisions. Only those bike types will allow updates at this time - and only if motor firmware is at version 6.1.0.

Our aim here is to let riders make incremental updates themselves - however bike build/set-up, battery/motor updates, advanced diagnostics etc remain within the remit of our authorised retail partners.

Creo / Vado / Levo SL bikes do not support over the air (OTA) updates at this time. Earlier Levo/Kenevo without TCU will not ever support OTA updates - sorry about that. We'll keep a watch on this thread - let us know how you get on.
I’ve got that motor version but I don’t see the update below advanced diagnostics, any ideas?

couplands

Jul 16, 2019
Peak District and Cornwall, UK
Ive done the update, no harm done.

It would be useful to know what changes we should expect to see....or is it just bug fixes..?

Not sure I had any before the update. Will be interesting to see if anything got worse..;-(

couplands

Jul 16, 2019
Peak District and Cornwall, UK
So did update but throwing an error now because of my lupine light setup now :(
I have the same error (I use the light connector to provide power for my phone running BLEvo). It does say that error will be caused by non-standard lights.
@Specialized Rider Care ...is there a reason for the diagnostics to flag an error when using the light port..? Again, a change log would help, a text file in this thread would be fine. Don’t need it formatted for a mobile screen on the app.

Stephen

Jan 10, 2019
Mallorca , Spain
So did update but throwing an error now because of my lupine light setup now :(
I did the update yesterday and luckily it has not caused any problems with the Lupine light , ie no error code . The Lupine light is the 2020 model , which I have been using since January with no problems . The pre 2020 lights did cause errors .

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles