Mission Control Mission Control app now allows you to update your bike

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
My Android phone says I have MC v2.3.0 from 19th May but today I supprisingly found out this version allows to check current and latest versions of motor, battery and display (TCU) firmware and lets you perform OTA update of the TCU. It took more than 5min to update, but I already see at least one difference, now all bars goes down to zero bars when shutting off the bike, making way more clear that bike is shutting down. Anyone noticed any other useful/nice features?

1592337390804.png
1592337404610.png

Last edited:

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
And the first prize goes to @salko !

Correct - on the 15th June 2020 we soft-launched functionality within Mission Control for Levo 2019/2020 and Kenevo 2020 owners to update their TCU firmware. This will ensure that riders have the latest TCU performance updates, bluetooth connectivity improvements and error management revisions. Only those bike types will allow updates at this time - and only if motor firmware is at version 6.1.0.

Our aim here is to let riders make incremental updates themselves - however bike build/set-up, battery/motor updates, advanced diagnostics etc remain within the remit of our authorised retail partners.

Creo / Vado / Levo SL bikes do not support over the air (OTA) updates at this time. Earlier Levo/Kenevo without TCU will not ever support OTA updates - sorry about that. We'll keep a watch on this thread - let us know how you get on.

Last edited:

babarnicle

Nov 9, 2019
Usa
And the first prize goes to @salko !

Correct - on the 15th June 2020 we soft-launched functionality within Mission Control for Levo 2019/2020 and Kenevo 2020 owners to update their TCU firmware. This will ensure that riders have the latest TCU performance updates, bluetooth connectivity improvements and error management revisions. Only those bike types will allow updates at this time - and only if motor firmware is at version 6.1.0.

Our aim here is to let riders make incremental updates themselves - however bike build/set-up, battery/motor updates, advanced diagnostics etc remain within the remit of our authorised retail partners.

Creo / Vado / Levo SL bikes do not support over the air (OTA) updates at this time. Earlier Levo/Kenevo without TCU will not ever support OTA updates - sorry about that. We'll keep a watch on this thread - let us know how you get on.

Is this update available for iOS also? Or just Android? I check App Store and did not see an available update for Mission Control App. I’m on a 2019 Levo

BushLevo

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
I've just updated my 2019 Levo Expert as per the screenshots above. It took about 5 minutes, but was a bit flaky reconnecting after the update. I had to save the bike name (in my case the serial number) before it would reconnect, but otherwise looks good.

I hope this update fixes the occasional intermittent ANT+ speed signal dropouts and freezing at 27.6km/hr I was getting. I use both a Garmin Edge 1030 (ANT+) and BLEVo (Bluetooth) on my Samsung phone. Sorry Specialized, but BLEVo is better at collecting ride data than Mission Control.

chrchr

Jun 16, 2020
Sweden
Is this update available for iOS also? Or just Android? I check App Store and did not see an available update for Mission Control App. I’m on a 2019 Levo

Hi how do you check, do this on IOS the app looks the same to me

cheers

It s a soft launch update of the app (at least for the IOS). It means that the latest update of the app (2.3.0) that came 2 weeks ago had the firmware update feature but they launched it yesterday.

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
Creo / Vado / Levo SL bikes do not support over the air (OTA) updates at this time.

Why is this? How much longer do we have to wait? It seems very odd that its not available to the latest ones.

Also can you start giving up change logs?
Its annoying not knowing if updates are worth having/getting if we STILL need to go to a store? Its time consuming for them and us also not as practical with the current situation. This is also a waste of dealers time, when they are pressed for time and running on minimal staff during as you know is a very busy period.

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
I also have 2.3.0 ...and nothing ... wonder if it is region specific ?

Not regional and no new app download should be required. This was quietly enabled on our back-end for specific bikes/FW bundles only - see the top of this thread for more info and why there's no in-app message to draw attention to it.

@ebikeZA which bike do you have and which motor FW are you running currently? If you see a blank screen when clicking on DIAGNOSE / DEVICE UPDATES it's likely that there isn't a remote update available for your bike due to you running early motor firmware (perhaps the first 2019 Levos shipped to retailers in late 2018). Therefore only available via retailer - sorry about that.

User experience if an update IS available for your bike is working as planned, however for scenarios where this isn't available for specific bikes the user experience isn't clear enough yet. Working on that, hence the soft-launch.

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
Where are you guys seeing the option to update?
I have a 2020 levo expert and app version 2.3.0 on an android phone.
I've looked in mission control, but haven't noticed anything new.

Current firmware versions:
Battery: 2.4.4
Motor: 6.1.0
Display: 25.B.0

Thierry D

Jun 17, 2020
Sambreville
Hello ,

I’ve tried to update my display firmware from 22b to 26b as suggested by Mission, the whole process runs well. At the end, when the bike is reconnected, it’s still on 22b version. It’s the IOS application.
tks in advance for your support
E0ADBC01-3842-47D5-A328-5054272572C0.jpeg

babarnicle

Nov 9, 2019
Usa
Not regional and no new app download should be required. This was quietly enabled on our back-end for specific bikes/FW bundles only - see the top of this thread for more info and why there's no in-app message to draw attention to it.

@ebikeZA which bike do you have and which motor FW are you running currently? If you see a blank screen when clicking on DIAGNOSE / DEVICE UPDATES it's likely that there isn't a remote update available for your bike due to you running early motor firmware (perhaps the first 2019 Levos shipped to retailers in late 2018). Therefore only available via retailer - sorry about that.

User experience if an update IS available for your bike is working as planned, however for scenarios where this isn't available for specific bikes the user experience isn't clear enough yet. Working on that, hence the soft-launch.

[mention]Specialized Rider Care [/mention]
I have iOS mission Control 2.3.0.
Motor firmware 6.1.0
Levo 2019 purchased in January 2020.

But I do not see the additional firmware update menu item in the diagnose section.
Do I need to delete and reinstall mission Control to see if that resolves the issue?

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
Sorry but looks like Specialized does not give release notes for firmware, at least not for users, I guess dealers have this access, any plans to include firmware release notes in future versions of MC @Specialized Rider Care ?

Working on it! The challenge here is translation and the limits of a small screen - i.e. if you're updating from 5 versions ago you need more release notes than if from 1 prior version. We will get there, no intention to hide anything, but it will take us a while to present it clearly within a mobile app.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles