Mission Contol/Mullet/Wheel size change

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
Mission Control shows wheel size (must be changed by dealer).

I’m changing my rear wheel on my 2020 Levo Comp from 29 to 27.5+ (27.5 x 3.0; front is 29 x 3.0), should the wheel size be changed?

If so, what should I change it to?

I did buy BLevo...

Thanks.

Last edited:

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
You should measure new wheel circumference, but you'll have to go to the dealer which can change that for you ...

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
You should measure new wheel circumference, but you'll have to go to the dealer which can change that for you ...

By wheel circumference, I assume that is with tire mounted/inflated...

My Mission Control diagnostics show 90.55 inches (2300 mm)...this is probably for a 2.3 tire.

But my stock rear wheel came with the 2.6 Eliminator which seems to be around 93 inches...so the TCU comes from Specialized set incorrectly for a 2.6 tire?

My 27.5 x 3.0 measures about 91 inches...so I don’t need to change it much.

It looks like BLEvo allows this setting to be changed...

Is this setting just used for GPS?

Thanks.

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Sure circumference is for tire mounted/inflated, how else can it be?
Blevo has this setting but AFAIK you cannot change it on latest bikes ... Why? Because this setting is also used for correcting your bike top speed and can void your warranty ;)

Last edited:

yokev

Jan 26, 2020
US
FWIW, I messed with the circumference a few years ago on my '17 Levo trying to mess with the speed limiter. I changed the number drastically(in mission control) and it changed NOTHING across the board.
I simply used Lite Blue on my '18 Kenevo, and have no plans to do anything with my '20 Kenevo, so I don't know if the new(er) mission control is more sensitive

jbodnar

Patreon
Subscriber
Nov 23, 2019
California
The local LBS told me it is just for tracking distance ridden...they said they could do a rollout to measure it and change it for me if needed.

I use a Garmin 510 and it looks like Mission Contol logs the same rides on my Levo as longer (time and mileage)...MC 1:14 9.5 miles, 510 1:08 8.98 miles.

On my Garmin 510, my Levo is set as Wheel size automatic (2205) and MC is 2300...so this probably explains the difference.

I‘m changing my 510 to 2286 to see how much closer they are after my next ride.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles