Miranda 150mm Cranks for my 2022 Reign.

pwiles1968

May 22, 2022
Leicestershire
I spotted some Miranda 150mm Crank arms on Amazon UK for £40 thought it was worth a look, I have my chip in the high position but think i prefer the feel of low except i was getting a lot of pedal strikes so wanted to try shorter arms see if i could get a good compromise.

The Miranda Delta also come in 155, 160 and others, they came without crank bolts and the ones on the Praxis did not fit, the cranks on the Praxis have 26mm caps and the Miranda are 22mm so ordered a set of Truvative Bolts everything seems to fit well will have first ride tomorrow see how they feel.

For Under £55 it was a worth a punt.

IMG_5305.JPG

IMG_5325.JPG

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
I spotted some Miranda 150mm Crank arms on Amazon UK for £40 thought it was worth a look, I have my chip in the high position but think i prefer the feel of low except i was getting a lot of pedal strikes so wanted to try shorter arms see if i could get a good compromise.

The Miranda Delta also come in 155, 160 and others, they came without crank bolts and the ones on the Praxis did not fit, the cranks on the Praxis have 26mm caps and the Miranda are 22mm so ordered a set of Truvative Bolts everything seems to fit well will have first ride tomorrow see how they feel.

View attachment 89500

View attachment 89501
Interested, keep us posted,👍

pwiles1968

May 22, 2022
Leicestershire
Interested, keep us posted,👍

Very happy with them did 38 miler today some technical and hardly ant pedal strikes, my legs hurt after but i had done 5500ft of climb at the bike park on thursday so that may have something to do with it, I actually think the profile of the Miranda is better allowing for show shape, will be keeping them on for a while, i may need to raise the seat stem to compensate a little the 125mm dropper is one quite long enough for pedally sections shame it was not the 150mm that was advertised for the bike.

gaiadoSeco

Oct 18, 2021
Portugal
Very happy with them did 38 miler today some technical and hardly ant pedal strikes, my legs hurt after but i had done 5500ft of climb at the bike park on thursday so that may have something to do with it, I actually think the profile of the Miranda is better allowing for show shape, will be keeping them on for a while, i may need to raise the seat stem to compensate a little the 125mm dropper is one quite long enough for pedally sections shame it was not the 150mm that was advertised for the bike.

Hi, I was supposed to receive a 150mm in my Medium E+2, and they sent a 125mm. After I decided I couldn't live with it, simply went to my LBS and had them e-mail Giant about it, and 2 weeks later new dropper arrived totally free of charge, Giant assumed all costs.

Vroonster

Feb 11, 2022
Calgary, AB Canada
Just ordered Miranda 150mm cranks arms straight from their site. It comes with mounting bolts so that made the decision easy for me. Couldn’t find a better option closer to home in Alberta, Canada. Honesty a really great value even with paid shipping.
Delta Cranks 150 Q.0 RF Isis Cold-forged aluminium alloy Standard (Black) for E-BIKE
I hope I ordered the right ones. I’m not sure what Q is can get away with. These are Q0.
I watched the recent YouTube video with EMTB and give all my pedal strikes on my Medium, I just had to try it. @Rob Rides EMTB just posted another great video with shorter crank arms on his Turbo Levo. So excited! Might be able to go back to the low setting on the flip chip.

Acmac999

Dec 26, 2021
Australia
Just ordered Miranda 150mm cranks arms straight from their site. It comes with mounting bolts so that made the decision easy for me. Couldn’t find a better option closer to home in Alberta, Canada. Honesty a really great value even with paid shipping.
Delta Cranks 150 Q.0 RF Isis Cold-forged aluminium alloy Standard (Black) for E-BIKE
I hope I ordered the right ones. I’m not sure what Q is can get away with. These are Q0.
I watched the recent YouTube video with EMTB and give all my pedal strikes on my Medium, I just had to try it. @Rob Rides EMTB just posted another great video with shorter crank arms on his Turbo Levo. So excited! Might be able to go back to the low setting on the flip chip.

Acmac999

Dec 26, 2021
Australia
Ok so I have been looking at these and found some info on the Q factor.

the stock cranks are Q170 fitted to the yamaha

F70810CA-9ECA-425D-A40F-73A850BEE4D5.png

for the Miranda cranks:

AE8AC2EE-3266-4840-80FC-725B48BD5DE0.png

So I’d probably go for the Q12 to keep it inline with the stock setup. The Q-zero may cause clearance issues I’m not too sure.

pwiles1968

May 22, 2022
Leicestershire
Ok so I have been looking at these and found some info on the Q factor.

the stock cranks are Q170 fitted to the yamaha

View attachment 92822

for the Miranda cranks:

View attachment 92823
So I’d probably go for the Q12 to keep it inline with the stock setup. The Q-zero may cause clearance issues I’m not too sure.

I had no clearance issues with mine and actually found due to what I thought was the profile actually found heel clearance to be better with the Miranda it’s probably a personal thing but don’t even notice that they are shorter, I did go to a slightly smaller 34 tooth chain ring.

Vroonster

Feb 11, 2022
Calgary, AB Canada
I had no clearance issues with mine and actually found due to what I thought was the profile actually found heel clearance to be better with the Miranda it’s probably a personal thing but don’t even notice that they are shorter, I did go to a slightly smaller 34 tooth chain ring.
I messed up with the Q0 crank arms. Just ordered these:

TCFlowClyde

Feb 26, 2022
Mesa, AZ

View attachment 89500

View attachment 89501
Got my Miranda Delta150s a few months ago...far fewer pedal strikes, especially up techy ascents. Takes a few rides to adjust to higher rpms in the same gear and power mode, but muscle memory quickly overrides strangeness💪

PXL_20220714_140751250.MP.jpg

PXL_20220714_140746237.MP.jpg

Acmac999

Dec 26, 2021
Australia

Nobrks

Sep 16, 2021
Denmark
The delta I have is the same q16 - I only found q zero or q 16 have for sale, if you can find the q12 that would be the best match to the praxis but they are not on the site. The zero would def have clearance issues
There i QF8 awailable as well

Acmac999

Dec 26, 2021
Australia
There i QF8 awailable as well
Q8 will be 4mm closer to chainstay than stock praxis, too close for me.

I got my first ride on rocky steep stuff in today on the 152 delta crank, i run it in high, not even close to a pedal strike. Overall much more enjoyable ride!

peddling action is defiantly different with noticeable less leverage, but you get used to it the longer you ride. I will consider a smaller chainring to counter, but no rush to do so. 155 would probably have been short enough TBH

Nobrks

Sep 16, 2021
Denmark

I got my first ride on rocky steep stuff in today on the 152 delta crank, i run it in high, not even close to a pedal strike. Overall much more enjoyable ride!

peddling action is defiantly different with noticeable less leverage, but you get used to it the longer you ride. I will consider a smaller chainring to counter, but no rush to do so. 155 would probably have been short enough TBH
Agree, 150 feels a bit short

pwiles1968

May 22, 2022
Leicestershire

I'm on a medium and have shorter legs so the 150mm is fine (could do with a slightly longer dropper now as it came with 125 not 150), i went to a 34mm praxis front ring and think its the perfect compromise, for me at least and i'm really happy with how it feels.

Le_fabulero75

Nov 7, 2023
Australia
What does the RF after the Q factor mean in description , some cranks have it others don't
I think its the side to side width measurement - say from the pedal thread to pedal thread how wide the cranks splay out?
That is how far apart your feet will be - I think Yamaha motors are relatively narrow compared to some. If you have a narrower Q factor than std cranks you may have issues clearing motor. Someone correct me if you dont agree.

ilostmypassword

Apr 5, 2022
New Zealand

View attachment 89500

View attachment 89501
I'm not sure I would trust a 40 quid crank. Not something I would cheap out on at all!

Rando_12345

Nov 16, 2022
France
I am on my 4th set over 3 years and 2 bikes. If you really smash them into a rock you will slightly bend them, you will be able to finish the ride.

I much prefer to have the crank bear the brunt of such impacts than the motor.

There is very little reason for alu cranks to cost more, even Shimano sell theirs at a similar price.

Jurassic

Subscriber
Jul 22, 2022
Helensburgh, Scotland.
Mine have been rock solid and have taken a fair few hits (evidenced by the lack of anodising on them in places). I'd always intended to upgrade to Hope cranks once I was convinced that shorter cranks were the way to go but in practice it's been hard to justify when the Mirandas just keep doing the job so well. I honestly have no concerns at all about the strength of them, for sure it'd be nice to have the bling of the Hopes but I think that'd be their only advantage over the cheapo Mirandas.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles