Minor issues

Matt

Feb 12, 2019
Northamptonshire
First couple of rides, rear shock goes down/flat. Pinging sound from rear wheel, if riding near/above 15mph, I think it's the rotor and have read the stock rotors are too flimsy and the more robust ice tec ones solve the issue. Any one experiencing the same?

hemi.rokingi

Dec 13, 2018
Australia
First couple of rides, rear shock goes down/flat. Pinging sound from rear wheel, if riding near/above 15mph, I think it's the rotor and have read the stock rotors are too flimsy and the more robust ice tec ones solve the issue. Any one experiencing the same?
Is the rotor rubbing/hitting the brake pads? If so, you should only need to adjust the caliper.

Matt

Feb 12, 2019
Northamptonshire
I'm away right now but I will check the rotor bolts(?) I'm on a Powerfly Facebook page and there seems to be an issue for some that is resolved with better/different rotors.

MattyB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 11, 2018
Herts, UK
I'm away right now but I will check the rotor bolts(?) I'm on a Powerfly Facebook page and there seems to be an issue for some that is resolved with better/different rotors.
Check the rotor is mounted tightly to the wheel in line with the specified torque settings, then do a std alignment (loosen calliper mounts slightly, apply and hold on brake, nip up mounts gently, release brake, slowly fully tighten calliper mounts in small increments - do one end then the other rather than fully tightening up one end all at once). This should fix the issue in most cases.

If it doesn't take the bike back for a check in; if it’s a brand new bike you should not need to be replacing things immediately at your own expense because they are faulty.

Last edited:

hemi.rokingi

Dec 13, 2018
Australia
Check the rotor is mounted tightly to the wheel in line be with the species torque settings, then do a std alignment (loosen calliper mounts slightly, apply and hold on brake, nip up mounts, release brake, slowly fully tighten calliper mounts in small increments rather than fully tightening up be end in one go). This should fix the issue in most cases. If not take it back for a check in; if it’s a brand new bike you should not need to be replacing things immediately at your own expense because they are faulty.

I agree. There’s not really any other way a rotor can make noise?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles