Military E-Bikes - the new reality

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
2EEA18B7-CFB0-42D3-9CAE-6DA3F2E05CDE.jpeg

Why did I think of Bambam when I came across this?

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
You would think the Military Industrial Complex could at least spring for a Full Suspension design. Frankly they have been using eBikes for years already. I saw a company called Tidal Force had a contract quite awhile ago....

But in reality they would probably be better off with something like a SurRon eMoto that is more rugged to start out with.

TXHookey

Oct 7, 2020
Texas
I love my e-bike but for military use these are way better. 2 wheel drive go practically anywhere motor cycles. I have owned one for going on 20 years. Wheel hubs are hollow and can hold 2.5 gallons of fuel or water. Motor is a standard Kohler 4 stroke so no special parts. I use mine on my hunting lease and some search and rescue in boggy areas where almost nothing else can go. They are slow but have only gotten mine stuck once. Just used a come-along to pull it out. Rokon For Hunters - Rokon

Calsun

May 17, 2021
Monterey CA
The biggest problem the troops has in Afghanistan and Iraq was keeping all the batteries charged for their gear. Soldiers carry so much battery weight that it is causing back and joint problems that takes them out of action. But the U.S. is famous for giving their soldiers equipment that is very profitable for weapons contractors but is likely to get them killed in actual use with the limitations that whistleblowers are persecuted if they try to bring them to people's attention.

How many soldiers have come back without their arms or legs or genitals or with severe brain damage thanks to the poor vehicles they were forced to use. Putting them on a bicycle would have made matters worse.

whiterabbit

Aug 17, 2020
USA

yup!

I would really like a handlebar mounted gun rack so I stay at the ready when I bust the appropriate animal I’m after. I have visions of spooking turkeys and by the time I get the shotgun off my back, they're gone…

hunting is one reason I bought the damn ebike to begin with. That I can use it as a badass mtb for the rest of the year is a sweet, sweet bonus.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles