Metapower motor slipping

gfunkmc

Jan 9, 2019
wales
I'm having problems with my metapower 2020 team bike
It was slipping when putting alot of power down on the peddles which I presumed was the chain or cassette ... Since then I have put a new complete drive train on (chain, cassette, chainring, derailleur and shifter ... Still slipping ..
Now looks like it's the actual motor slipping as when it does slip the cranks turn but the chainring doesn't (only for a split second) as if it's jumping over cogs/gears inside the motor..
Email sent to commencal but if you guys have any info that be good
It's baffled me ??

Levo-Lon

Jan 21, 2020
Uk
But don't know if they have the sprag bearing in the Shimano do they ????

I wouldn't know ,but it doesn't sound like a geared drive like the bosch.ect.
If the cranks are moving before you get drive it sounds like a clutch , sprag bearing or a slack belt ,which I'd expect to be slipping..

It's a new bike so whatever it is don't mess with it or you won't have a warranty

Levo-Lon

Jan 21, 2020
Uk
For a more knowledgeable answer I'd post this question in general or mechanical section, as it will be seen ..
Very common motor and we have people on the forum who repair motors.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
They do break, but it tends to be in an all or nothing fashion - i.e they tend to just stop working suddenly and display a fault code on the display.

renedis

Jul 17, 2019
The Hague
I'm having problems with my metapower 2020 team bike
It was slipping when putting alot of power down on the peddles which I presumed was the chain or cassette ... Since then I have put a new complete drive train on (chain, cassette, chainring, derailleur and shifter ... Still slipping ..
Now looks like it's the actual motor slipping as when it does slip the cranks turn but the chainring doesn't (only for a split second) as if it's jumping over cogs/gears inside the motor..
Email sent to commencal but if you guys have any info that be good
It's baffled me ??

I have the same sometimes.. i only have the issue when in boost-mode and put a lot of force on the pedal/crank. Very easy to replicate it.

I thought it was the casette/derailleur that is jumping. I will check next time if it’s coming from the front or rear.

puma931

Nov 5, 2019
United Kingdom
Surely if the crank is turning then it must be a problem with the cassette?
I had this on my new metapower SX (crank, chain and cassette all turned, but no drive), bike shop took the cassette off, cleaned, re-greased and its been fine ever since.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles