Meta power tubless

tedturbine

May 8, 2019
Worthing
Your spank oozy 395 from bikeradar

The 395+ rim has Spank’s usual ‘Oohbah’ centreline strengthening bulge and Bead Bite tyre-gripping inner sidewalls. They also come fully taped and valved ready to be turned tubeless with just a slop of sealant, "
Commencal spec says they are tubeless
ready as well

Gee

Jun 20, 2019
South Wales
My meta essential fox 29 never came with tubeless valves but the tape on the rims was perfect (E13 rims). Only needed to pull the tubes, pop the valves in and add the sealant and job done in under 10 mins.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Twice on brand new bikes I have had to replace the rim tape because it was badly applied and leaked air (and sealant into the rim body and out of the breather hole and onto the disc...)
Each time I wasted what felt like ages wanking away on a track pump to pressurise my Airshot for repeated attempts before the penny dropped. "If I was doing everything right, then something must be wrong!" :unsure:

I no longer take the risk, I always replace the OE rim tape and use Gorilla tape. If you do this, ensure that at least two layers cover the spoke holes. There is no need for three layers, IMO.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles