meta power range

mtb_rider

Nov 8, 2018
Czech Republic
Hello riders, i want to buy meta power, but i read some article on outdoorgearlab, where they compare some ebikes on same trail (uphill and downhill) and meta has not as good range as other ebikes. I know it depend on lot of factors. Do you have your own comparison ? Can you please tell me your opinion on battery life of meta and some numbers, if you measure it ?

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
Having a quick look at the OutdoorGearLab test, the 3 bikes they test have different motor systems from each other (Shimano, Brose and Yamaha). These 3 different systems provide different levels of assistance from each other (as well as different levels of assistance in different modes). So it seems impossible to accurately compare ranges between them - e.g. if the Shimano motor was providing more assistance during their test then you would expect it to have a smaller range. Unfortunately in their review I couldn't see them give any detail of which assistance mode (or modes) they used during their test, or if they used any method to try and ensure the same assistance on each of the 3 bikes throughout the particular trail they rode.

My guess would be they had 3 different riders (different weights?) and they all just rode together around the same trail and used whatever modes they felt like :) Maybe the rider of the Commencal was weaker, or maybe they were fresher at the end, who knows!

Stevfro99

Oct 18, 2018
Huddersfield
IMG-20181108-WA0032.jpeg
IMG-20181108-WA0032.jpeg
mines just landed today. Ordered last fri. Can't wait to get it set up properly and get off on it

Crust E. Skidmark

Nov 1, 2018
'Merica
I did 24 miles and 3200' gain and had 2 bars left on battery. About 70% ECO, 20% Trail and 10% Boost. Range estimator showed 16 miles left in ECO so the range is pretty good if you use your legs.

jsalas2

Apr 6, 2018
San antonio, Tx
I get about 20miles all boost fast non stop technical riding or about 5hrs of riding switching between modes. I've also bought an extra battery, so it is no longer a concern. Just ride to my heart's content.

papab

Jun 10, 2018
colorado
I've only had mine for a month+. The longest ride I did was 36 mi, some very technical and steep, 4550 ft elevation gain. 5.5 hrs, mostly eco, but a fair amount of trail, then boost when I was on the way home, until it dropped to eco for the last mile ( < 1 bar). Several rides with 2 bars left of about 25 - 30 mi, 2500ft.
In the range test it says they rode the same course on the highest setting. The rider is a huge impact on the range, so this test is bogus. It would be better to do a range test in eco or trail anyway.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles