Meta power Race 27.5 2018 vs.19

DK_EBIKER

May 6, 2019
Denmark
What to go for?

So im in a bit of a struggle with my self, weather to go for the 18 fox edition, ore the 19 model.
is there anyone who has ridden both, and is able to tell me what is the best choise?

Im normaly driving flow trails, with jumps, gabs, drops, berms, ect. and also a little DH and bike parks.
im used to fox dampers on my current ebike, with the fox dpx2 and the Fox 36 RC2. i have never ridden rockshox.

what do you guys think :)

jsalas2

Apr 6, 2018
San antonio, Tx
I have the 2018 Fox edition. It's a beast of a bike. What makes it for me besides the bike itself is the fox 36 and Fox rear shock, it's butter smooth. Changes I have made are changed the tires to Eddy Currents 2.8 front and back. Miranda 150mm cranks, they really changed what I could ride thru when you can keep pedaling thru. Changed the mode shifter to the E7000 model. Got rid of the the 8speed cassette, and went back to 11sp not because its bad, just too expensive to replace. Put a Sunrace 11-46 cassette and Sram x1 shifter. Cassettes will need to be replaced eventually. the 8speed cassette is $300 and the Sunrace is $56. And 11speed parts are readily available everywhere. Last the bashguard on the 2018 is shit, very flimsy, Commencal did me right and sent me the new upgraded 2019 bashguard which is perfect. This is the best bike I have owned, also have a Haibike. I would definitely buy it again.

meta 1.JPG

DK_EBIKER

May 6, 2019
Denmark
I have the 2018 Fox edition. It's a beast of a bike. What makes it for me besides the bike itself is the fox 36 and Fox rear shock, it's butter smooth. Changes I have made are changed the tires to Eddy Currents 2.8 front and back. Miranda 150mm cranks, they really changed what I could ride thru when you can keep pedaling thru. Changed the mode shifter to the E7000 model. Got rid of the the 8speed cassette, and went back to 11sp not because its bad, just too expensive to replace. Put a Sunrace 11-46 cassette and Sram x1 shifter. Cassettes will need to be replaced eventually. the 8speed cassette is $300 and the Sunrace is $56. And 11speed parts are readily available everywhere. Last the bashguard on the 2018 is shit, very flimsy, Commencal did me right and sent me the new upgraded 2019 bashguard which is perfect. This is the best bike I have owned, also have a Haibike. I would definitely buy it again.

View attachment 13725
Thanks man :)
Nice bike, and some nice upgrades you made :)
I had the haibike xduro allmtn 8.0 2018 before. I loved the bike, but it was pritty low, so i had pedalstrikes all the time. went down to 165mm crankarms, but still i got strikes.
Would you show me a pic of the changes you made with the control shifters from the 7000? and what did i cost you? It was one of my consirns. that i could not have my wolftooth dropper remote on :) I also have an sram eagle 12 speed upgrade kit in my garage i would put on, but can the 12 speed cassette fit un the hub?

DK_EBIKER

May 6, 2019
Denmark

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles