Meta Power Essential Fox 2019

Jan 5, 2019
Eastbourne
Hi all,

I’m pretty close to pulling the trigger on a Meta Power Essential Fox but just before I do I wondered if anyone with experience of the Meta Power could give my their thoughts on sizing? I’m 5’9 (175cm) so Commencal recommend a M bike. On the specs it seems a little smaller than a M Canyon Spectral:eek:n so wondered if I should consider sizing up to a L?

The bike also comes with a Fox coil shock with a 450 coil on the M and at 88kg kitted up this looks right on the spring calculators i found online. Anyone a similar weight who could share their experience?

Nov 1, 2018
'Merica
Ride
Commencal
At 5'9" you are definitely a M. If you like stretched out then a L might suit you more. I'm same height and am really comfy on my M bike, very balanced.
I'm about same weight 195 loaded up and a 500# spring on the RS coil is right on the money for sag. 2 turns past no rattle and 25% sag. Set the coil unloaded. The coil is amazing.

Jan 5, 2019
Eastbourne
Thanks Crust E for the reply, really helpful. Going Medium and I’ve ordered a 500 coil so just got to wait patiently for it to arrive!

Latest threads

Become a Patron!

Trending