Merida eOne-Sixty size XL

Martin

Aug 13, 2018
Prague
Hi guys, does anyone of you have Merida eOne-Sixty in size XL and would be willing to share a few pics of the bike? I searched the net but didn't find anything

Calo

Jan 2, 2019
Canberra
Hi Martin, here you go...

20181228_102043.jpg

20181220_165246.jpg

Merida E160-900E.jpg

Reactions: njn

Maximage

Oct 19, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
Out of curiosity Calo, how tall are you? I'm a little over 6'3" and found the XL really tall when I tested one in Melbourne (and also hated that gap between the top and down tubes where they meet at the head tube ?) so ended up with a Large which i find quite good.

Reactions: MsO

Calo

Jan 2, 2019
Canberra
Out of curiosity Calo, how tall are you? I'm a little over 6'3" and found the XL really tall when I tested one in Melbourne (and also hated that gap between the top and down tubes where they meet at the head tube ?) so ended up with a Large which i find quite good.

I'm between 6'3" and 6'4" and the XL is perfect for me, I think I got one of the last XL's in the country, I've been told they're not importing any more to Oz due to a new model arriving in the second half of this year. TBH I didn't even notice the gap compared to the smaller frames but doesn't worry me. I like having lots of room to move about on the XL and it's still very maneuverable going uphill and super stable on the downhill sections. I've put different bars, grips, dropper post and seat on it now but I'm very happy with the handling so can't see the point of faffing around with a 29" front wheel or different tyres. Cheers

Calo

Jan 2, 2019
Canberra
Hi NJN, it all depends on your body and how you like your bikes set up. I don't have enough experience, or have ridden enough different bikes to know for sure but I do know I'm old and my back doesn't like being bent over too much :) so I don't mind the tall HT and also have 35mm rise Renthal carbon bars on mine. Seems comfortable to me...

BelgianTriple

Aug 20, 2019
Belgium
Im 1m191 (or +/- 6feet3) and would prefer to go for a e-One sixty in size L instead of XL. Haven't tested yet.
For those riding an XL and an L, what's your inseam?

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
I'm 183cm and ride
Shiney.jpg
an XL so hopefully it will still be big enough for your extra height. I've put higher bars on it and have had to push my seat right back too. Saying all that, love the bike and have a ball on it every time I go out. Don't think you'll be disappointed with it, tried the mullet option, as in the picture, but have since gone back to a 27.5 as it felt like it was pushing on too much in tight corners. I suppose it all depends on what you do with it, 29" better for DH and the 27.5" for more XC like stuff

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles