Meg meg

Like a Boss

Feb 25, 2020
USA
Ok. Here’s what I think. No tokens in air side , 3 bands in neg side . Needed 45 psi extra to get sag. Great off the top, Huge mid support, I haven’t been able to bottom it yet. All the rock and log overs I used to hit on , I now clear. Definitely can hold more speed in rough stuff but maybe lost a little comfort. The harder you charge, the better it is. If you ride hard, you will definitely benefit from his.
That’s rad. Sounds like you left the flu behind. Good. Hey does the Meg Neg kit come with bands and tokens? Do you get the sense that the Meg Neg would help the original Deluxe shock as well? Might be an option for those who can’t fit and Super Deluxe shock on their smaller frame size.

Orangie

Feb 1, 2020
Pittsburgh
Absolutely. I believe it will fit all sizes. Room to spare . Definitely will ad mid level support and bottom resistance.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Meg Neg works on the deluxe and super deluxe - it comes in a couple of sizes though for different shocks, so make sure you check which size you need.

Orangie

Feb 1, 2020
Pittsburgh
About 150 miles on it now. Added the 4 band because I couldn’t bottom out. I come close now. My son has on a 6 ft drop to flat. Not me. Bike has been transformed. No pedal strikes. Loads of support . And somehow more supple ?!?

Like a Boss

Feb 25, 2020
USA
About 150 miles on it now. Added the 4 band because I couldn’t bottom out. I come close now. My son has on a 6 ft drop to flat. Not me. Bike has been transformed. No pedal strikes. Loads of support . And somehow more supple ?!?
Does
Somehow more supple? Transformed? What else could anyone want? This is on the Super Deluxe.....I wonder if the Meg Neg would have a similar effect on the Deluxe that comes on the Rail, or the re:Aktiv shock? Is the tune on your Super Deluxe a standard Rockshox tune for aftermarket? I know the Fox shocks have a code on a sticker to indicate how the shock is tuned, but I don’t know how to determine the tune for a Rockshox. Supposedly manufacturers have a special tune with their bike to account for a particular suspension design but it seems every time someone puts a higher end shock on a bike it gets better than the factory tune. And of course there is the issue of rider weight. One single tune can’t work the same for. 150 lb rider and also for a 200 lb rider.

Orangie

Feb 1, 2020
Pittsburgh
I’m 220. The shock is off a Santa Cruz nomad which is medium compression and rebound. The fact that it was a super deluxe was an improvement. Then the meg neg improved again. I’m positive the meg neg would improve a deluxe shock also. I am so impressed that I want one for my wife’s fs7 but I don’t think they have one for that size shock The mid support is the greatest improvement for me. Let’s you charge much harder while staying composed.

Branny21

May 22, 2020
california
@Orangie

How did you get the shock from Santa Cruz to fit on the trek? I also got a used super deluxe to upgrade on my 9.7 and installed the megneg and went to put it on the bike and just noticed the bottom mounts are different :rolleyes: i didn't even think of checking that before installing lol

Orangie

Feb 1, 2020
Pittsburgh
Gotta swap damper body. Will need maxima plush shock oil. I used race tech shock oil. That’s what I had. Worked awesome. Not very difficult. Look up on SRAM site for damper service. May need a small adapter to pressurize the ifb chamber. You can do it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Branny21

May 22, 2020
california
damnit. i just swaped damper bodies and tried to install the shock.... i thought Orangie said he said a size large.. and turns out the super deluxe does not fit a size large. This sucks!!

Stray cat

Aug 24, 2018
On the trails
Or if you would rather keep your original whole, I think a new damper body is 54$.

Did you run the RockShox Deluxe RT3, DebonAir RE:aktiv? If so,
have you noticed a big improvement ?
Maybe a coil shock will run better,not sure but I think this frame is quite progressive enough.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles