Maxxis assegia ??

lumpy

🚁 CHOPPER 🚁
Nov 26, 2018
SF Bay Area
I had a Minion on front but replaced it when the side knobs started to tear off. Have the Assegai now and it grips better and is lasting better too

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
was planning on putting the assegai on my levo, front and rear but, I just saw that vittoria came out with the mazza which looks pretty nice so now im undecided again.

Ripping g

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 8, 2019
West yorkshire
Cheers carnt wait any longer orderd them ?? got new vavles aswell ready

F487FDFF-62C4-418E-9292-D2483F10C926.png

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I have one on the front for Winter - I prefer it over the dhf. I'm not aggressive enough when leaning the dhf and it's caught me out a couple of times. I like the assegai, but I just wish it had more volume like the dhf. I might try the 2.6 next, currently running 2.5.

Randy

Apr 23, 2020
Henley on Thames
I took them off my E-Sommet pretty promptly (they are standard fit). Incredibly grippy, in fact the grippiest tyre I've used and very predictable etc BUT they roll like a snail and will hammer your battery range. Great for wet downhill runs I imagine.

Kinger

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Soft compound. Grippy as hell. But the trade off is they don't roll well.

This is bang on.

Amazing tire for wet roots / rocks. (MaxGrip)
It slow rolling enough to make me work for it to clear jumps that my previous High Roller II made with ease.
Don’t get me wrong, the Assegai is so worth it, if grip and stability is what you’re after.

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
I have one on the front for Winter - I prefer it over the dhf. I'm not aggressive enough when leaning the dhf and it's caught me out a couple of times. I like the assegai, but I just wish it had more volume like the dhf. I might try the 2.6 next, currently running 2.5.
Same here, there's a spot in the DHF tread where you lean it over and there's not much bite. Seems to be grippy in the centre and grippy right out on the edges but there's a less confidence inspiring section between the two.

Last edited:

Swissrob

Sep 4, 2018
Switzerland
nice bike!
whats the verdict on the tyres?
I bought a package of 10 Maxxis tyres for 50 Chuffs, one was an Assegai 2.5 which I put on the front of my 18 Levo. I didn't really notice the drag but that is probably just me! Grip is great so I am now running a mullet setup and ordered a 2.6 x 29. I would not use it on the back. I tried a few different rear tyres and none stood out so I put the old Butcher from the front on and the combination was surprisingly good but it will lose a bit of performance long before it is worn out.

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
I have them on the front and rear. Great tyre although I went the maxterra instead of the Max grip to get a few extra klms out of them. The rear is just about shot after 2400ks. The front still has a bit of meat left in it and should be good for another 500-1000k it's currently done 3600ks.

Once gone I'll replace the rear with something faster rolling. I got a forekaster for $25 so I'll see how it goes. I've got another assegai lined up for the front.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I have them on the front and rear. Great tyre although I went the maxterra instead of the Max grip to get a few extra klms out of them. The rear is just about shot after 2400ks. The front still has a bit of meat left in it and should be good for another 500-1000k it's currently done 3600ks.

Once gone I'll replace the rear with something faster rolling. I got a forekaster for $25 so I'll see how it goes. I've got another assegai lined up for the front.
I like dhf on rear; I think it's an awesome roller, and high volume. I prefer it on the rear because that "no man's land" (vacant space between centre knobs and side knobs) has no effect back there :)

Swissrob

Sep 4, 2018
Switzerland
I like dhf on rear; I think it's an awesome roller, and high volume. I prefer it on the rear because that "no man's land" (vacant space between centre knobs and side knobs) has no effect back there :)
I tried that and it wasn't as good as as a worn out Butcher but it could also be different riding conditions so we might both be correct! ???

nosuchuser

Jun 10, 2020
London

Minion DHF? I've got one on the front of my Whyte E150RS and it doesn't seem as grippy as the High Roller 2 I've got on the front of my old Heckler. Already had one berm washout. Maybe I just need to lean it more.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles