Other Mastermind (TCU 2) "How to" guides

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Well I was all excited about the mastermind TCU upgrade until a mate pointed out the big flaw..... we'd need to put our reading glasses on (we're gentlemen of a certain age) to read it. That's a no go riding along.
Bifocals solve that problem, if you're feeling flush you can add reactive lenses as well. They're a game changer.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Bifocals solve that problem, if you're feeling flush you can add reactive lenses as well. They're a game changer.
If that doesn't work for you duct tape one of these to the top tube ..

big.jpg

Apparently the Go Pro Max Lens add on will fit over the screen to enlarge the display and also keeps it visually straight no matter where your head is. :geek::p

chamaruco

Inactive Member
Dec 28, 2020
Arezzo
Funny guys!! So if I had a headache due to a bad designed helmet i’d take a pill? You should not be here as riders. You should be politicians

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Funny guys!! So if I had a headache due to a bad designed helmet i’d take a pill?
Normally if you want a display on a Spesh, you have to buy the additional display.

The New TCU incorporates it - discretely ! You can even set it to not display.

If you want a big display, you can use a phone - they make a handy app so you you can use your phone to display all this information called Mission Control. You could even buy a €99 phone with a display size of your choice just to use on your bike.

Most people don't want a big display, so this is perfect.

Is it better to have a small display with the option to add a larger display if you need/want it ?

Or have a hunking great 1980's bosch nintendo stuck on your bars and have no choice about it ?

chamaruco

Inactive Member
Dec 28, 2020
Arezzo
Actually I use a quad lock and iPhone. Don’t be afraid for me. Mine was a feedback. On this display and on the app mission control. The fonts are too small for a quick view while riding. not numbers. So when you had memorised the location or the sequences of numbers you can immagine the font of that numbers. Again just a feedback don’t want pills ?

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
very nice.. but now where can i find/buy the new mastermind tcu?:rolleyes:
Your answer is in this thread...

eagerly

Oct 6, 2018
Pordenone
Why the multilevel assistance setup changes with the same percentage of the peak power? 30/30 is not the same as having 30/100...

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Why the multilevel assistance setup changes with the same percentage of the peak power? 30/30 is not the same as having 30/100...
I'd guess they sat down and thought about this and decided that if you wanted peak power, you'd just switch to/or use your ECO/TRAIL/TURBO modes. Where as if you want quick and easy multilevel assistance it was better to set it up like this - otherwise you just have 10 versions of trail mode. As they have it .. You have three modes you can setup to access peak power and the option of 10 stage assistance selection.

eagerly

Oct 6, 2018
Pordenone
I'd guess they sat down and thought about this and decided that if you wanted peak power, you'd just switch to/or use your ECO/TRAIL/TURBO modes. Where as if you want quick and easy multilevel assistance it was better to set it up like this - otherwise you just have 10 versions of trail mode. As they have it .. You have three modes you can setup to access peak power and the option of 10 stage assistance selection.

Yes, but imagine you have as setup 30/60/100 with peak 100. You are riding ECO then you decide to change into 40% assistance, I think 40/40 is not higher than 30/100 because you don't have all the dynamic range. I would have preferred the microtune to copy the peak of the main setup -if it's the same for all 3- and to divide the peak by the number of steps up to the base setup if they are different. So you don't have incoherence. But maybe in the future the specy guy will add something in the config, no much problem I think...

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Yes, but imagine you have as setup 30/60/100 with peak 100. You are riding ECO then you decide to change into 40% assistance, I think 40/40 is not higher than 30/100 because you don't have all the dynamic range. I would have preferred the microtune to copy the peak of the main setup -if it's the same for all 3- and to divide the peak by the number of steps up to the base setup if they are different. So you don't have incoherence. But maybe in the future the specy guy will add something in the config, no much problem I think...
Maybe. As you say it wouldn't be difficult to add in the mission control config so you can change it to a fixed power or power linked to assistance.

I'd guess most people riding in eco would just switch to trail. Where as people who are riding with microtune would just press up when/if they need it from 30 to 40.

Do we know if we have microtune available in walk mode ?

hbakken

Nov 27, 2018
Norway
How about Garmin integration/sync to Garmin Connect?
Possible to auto upload rides to Strava/other services without starting/ending the ride in mission control app?

Without that direct link, think I'll be using Garmin.

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
How about Garmin integration/sync to Garmin Connect?
Possible to auto upload rides to Strava/other services without starting/ending the ride in mission control app?

Without that direct link, think I'll be using Garmin.
Sure.

roccobarocco

Feb 26, 2020
Germany
They want to lock it out from using it with existing Levos. This is called Profit Maximization, if you want it buy a new bike.
Not a really customer oriented step in my opinion!

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
There is an S button on the new TCU? Where? I could only find one button at the bottom of the display...

?‍♂️Sorry, I don't know why I thought you were talking about the old TCU. I have no idea how to do it on the new one.

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
There is a big font mode! If you can’t see this I think any display will be an issue ?
Man, I sure as heck could use that particular feature on the Kiox display. Having a battery percentage is indispensable and all, but if it takes several glances to make sense that takes some of the shine off of it.

AlexEMTB

Feb 5, 2020
Santa Monica
The New TCU is here. I was going to try to grab video sections and take screen prints, but I've just found these which make a perfect thread start.

These are all really short and clear, so even if you have the attention span of a goldfish like me, they're all watchable in a couple of minutes.

Link to "Can I use it with my OLD LEVO/KENEVO/SL" :

Thanks Zimmerframe! You rock!

E759

Jan 20, 2021
West Sussex, UK
Well I was all excited about the mastermind TCU upgrade until a mate pointed out the big flaw..... we'd need to put our reading glasses on (we're gentlemen of a certain age) to read it. That's a no go riding along.
I'm sure I'm not the only person of a certain age (I'm 60) that owns a Turbo Levo - SL in my case - because we can. Cataracts removed from both eyes and artificial lens implants for distance vision. Vision correction with varifocal lenses, glasses all in at north of £500 a pop. I ride with various standard Oakley's depending on weather and a Garmin 1030 Plus to display the Levo stuff in a nice large way :cool:

I'd still buy the MasterMind TCU though, simply because!

1Nixxxo

Nov 29, 2019
Russia
I just ordered TCU 2 (Mastermind) for my 2021 Levo with 2.2 motor.
Will Mastermind still work with my Gen 2 Levo? Anyone is using it on older Levos?
thanks in advance!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles