Manuals and manual aids.

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Anyone ever make a timber frame to practice or learn how to do manuals?
Did it help you learn, or was it a waste of time ?

D2721B0D-B5E0-49DB-BA62-1B0020E4A980.jpeg

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
They're a complete waste of time and don't even actually teach you the correct technique to manual
go outside and practice.
you could easily learn to manny a good few bike lengths in the time you'd spend collecting wood etc. and building the thing

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
They're a complete waste of time and don't even actually teach you the correct technique to manual
go outside and practice.
you could easily learn to manny a good few bike lengths in the time you'd spend collecting wood etc. and building the thing
That’s what I was thinking ?‍♂️

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
They suck as said above teach you such bad habbits, just go out in a carpark and spend a few hours practising, you will soon pick it up.

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Thanks for the replies
Went out for half hour to practice and now have these manuals learnt. I have a few minor injuries, but at least I can now do manuals. I can get them up there and hold for about 50 meters average, but I tire easily. More time will build my strength and muscle memory.

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
Thanks for the replies
Went out for half hour to practice and now have these manuals learnt. I have a few minor injuries, but at least I can now do manuals. I can get them up there and hold for about 50 meters average, but I tire easily. More time will build my strength and muscle memory.

So sick! Awesome work! 50m for your first session is really good! keep just popping them on trails and soon enough, it will be 200m easy manuals :)

If you have a pump track nearby, pop to that and practise manuals between rollers it will really help you on the trails knowing how to do that.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles