Magura brake pad replacement

Mini si

Dec 31, 2020
Derbyshire
Has anyone got any recommendations for brake pads to replace Magura 9cs? Anything longer lasting out there? Mainly riding around Hayfield in the Peak District so it’s usually wet and gritty. And wet.

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
On my bike I've changed to the 4 individual pads with the addition of the 2 locating screws in each caliper.

This enables me to put a pair of resin and a pair of sintered pads in each calipers and I use EBC green and gold pads in mine.

I've also set them so the sintered pads are the leading pair instead of the resin ones but I don't know if it actually makes any practical difference!

If you search for 'noah and theo mt5' on ebay you'll find a UK company that supplies the pads in various materials and the screws.

Mini si

Dec 31, 2020
Derbyshire
Cool, I’ve ordered some pads off Noah and Theo. I’ll give them a try and see how they go. Thanks for that. ??

Mini si

Dec 31, 2020
Derbyshire
I went for a set of semi metallic from Disco Brakes ? but as the weather has dried up the Magura pads haven’t worn out yet so I’ve not needed to change them!! ?
Even if they only last as long (I think they’ll last longer) they were quite a bit cheaper, around £10 a pair I think instead of anything between £13 on offer at Merlin and £18 rrp.

Sorry for the slow reply.

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
On my bike I've changed to the 4 individual pads with the addition of the 2 locating screws in each caliper.

This enables me to put a pair of resin and a pair of sintered pads in each calipers and I use EBC green and gold pads in mine.

I've also set them so the sintered pads are the leading pair instead of the resin ones but I don't know if it actually makes any practical difference!

If you search for 'noah and theo mt5' on ebay you'll find a UK company that supplies the pads in various materials and the screws.
I have read that correctly? Mixed pad materials in the same calliper?????

Mini si

Dec 31, 2020
Derbyshire
What are you hoping to achieve?
To stop. Seems to work ok. One pad from a pair hadn’t worn as quick as the other so I left it in, I didn’t see any point throwing it away.
As I said, it’s a genuine question, I’ve not had any problems so far but will it cause any in the long term? Or is there a reason not to do it?

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
I didn't mean different material pads on each side! As there are four separate pads in the caliper you fit them as pairs. Sorry I thought that would be obvious ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles