Magic Mary - help please

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
I run a 27.5 x 2.8 Magic Mary Exo Soft compound front and rear on my Kenevo with standard rims. They’re a great tyre, much better grip went lent over and a stiffer sidewall so they’re more supportive.

Sparkydave

Aug 7, 2018
Derbyshire, UK
I run a 27.5 x 2.8 Magic Mary Exo Soft compound front and rear on my Kenevo with standard rims. They’re a great tyre, much better grip went lent over and a stiffer sidewall so they’re more supportive.
Are they wire bead/DH/Super gravity? This is where the confusion comes in - you can get super gravity, with folding beads

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
Single ply Kevlar bead and weights vary from 1060 to 1220 g. I have had 8 of them pass though my garage and weighed all of them.

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
As the doc said single ply, Kevlar beads. Not Exo as I originally said, that’s Maxxis :oops: I’m getting my tyre brands mixed up! I meant Snakeskin. You can’t get Magic Marys Supergravity in 2.8.

I’ve given mine a beating for about a 1000 miles and had no punctures despite the rear rim looking like a 50p now. I’ve only just retired the back one as the side knobs were beginning to come off.

D3467110-685F-4649-95C7-D972C954D071.jpeg

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest
As the doc said single ply, Kevlar beads. Not Exo as I originally said, that’s Maxxis :oops: I’m getting my tyre brands mixed up! I meant Snakeskin. You can’t get Magic Marys Supergravity in 2.8.

I’ve given mine a beating for about a 1000 miles and had no punctures despite the rear rim looking like a 50p now. I’ve only just retired the back one as the side knobs were beginning to come off.

View attachment 4458

Dude, you really like to shred or slide in left turns ^^

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
#Lovesbackbrake
Ha, ha I like that Gary! :ROFLMAO:

I don’t skid any more than most and shredding only applies when I crash into brambles! That tyre has seen a lot of use on steep stuff in Shropshire and as it’s been so I dry I think that’s helped with the deknobblingly process. I’m pleased with how well it’s lasted on such a heavy bike with a heavy clunsy rider (mostly) in control.

I’ll be buying Eddy Currents when they finally become available. The tougher sidewall and tread will be a definite bonus for me. See above for evidence. :sneaky:

Stompweaver

Jan 20, 2018
Stafford
I’m hoping it doesn’t but I think you’re right Sparky, it’s going to clog in heavy mud.

My ideal winter tyre would be a 2.8 Maxxgrip Double Down Maxxis Shorty. C’mon Maxxis, you know you want to!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles