Maccina Cross 10 CX4 LC

BigMark

Feb 10, 2020
This is great bike for a new female or smaller male rider, very light yet the frame appears to be strong and well made with quality welding evident. The lower cross bar is just the ticket for smaller riders and isn't so low that most people would instantly identify it as a girls bike.

The standard Schwalbe Marathon Mondial, 42-622 are a great street tire but are severely lacking for all but the smoothest dirt trails. The Bosch motor is powerful and the 400 watt hour battery adequate for a decent ride.

I paid $1700 for a brand new one off of craigslist and it seems to be a bargain for a Bosch mid drive, probably the lightest one you can find. The boss sure loves it and we have great fun tooling around the beach on "Suck it you British Overlords" day.

With the addition of Bontrager XR3 29 x 2.20 tires (tyres?) it totally transforms the bike from a cool street bike to a light mountain bike!

MACINA-CROSS.jpg

dQ0lgUn.jpg

wMntUxx.jpg

BigMark

Feb 10, 2020
My Trek Rail has been in the shop a bunch lately, at 3200 miles fried rear bearings and scored axle, now at 3300 miles the rear brake started leaking and has to be replaced, however the part was not available until the end of the year. I upgraded to a Saint but in the meantime had to ride and this thing has been getting a workout.

KHSStrava2.JPG
KHSstrava3.JPG
KHSStrava2.JPG

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles