Lynx ..Kielder.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
While wondering what kind of contraption we had come across on the "Any Idea What This Could Be " thread ..it brought back to mind the debate on whether Lynx should be re - introduced into the forest ..as locals we filled out a survey form a couple of years back and then...rejection by that drip Michael Gove...
It has however reared its head again and even though I have relatives who are sheep & cattle farmers in the Upper reaches of the North Tyne Valley..personally I'm all for it ( much to their horror )..
It would certainly add more excitement to riding in the forest !
Screenshot_20210123-190934_Chrome.jpg

What do you think?

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Why not?

They have a small enclave of Wolves somewhere in the Highlands. We have a Wild Boar Park here in Lancashire and there have been many Beaver projects in Scotland and England. Red Kites were reintroduced and appear to be doing well.

Scottish Wildcats are almost extinct and they are trying to save them also...

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
When I lived up in NE Scotland in the 80s/90s, I went skiing one weekday to the Lecht and was taking all the back roads through Strathdon. came round a corner, low speed and there was a Golden Eagle picking at road kill.

Nearly sh!t myself and so did it! It took off, wingspan wider than my car and it just cleared me! I ducked in case it didn't...

That would have taken some explaining to the Police! Broken windscreen and Golden Eagle on my lap! :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles