Luna - X1 Enduro Bike

crazymac680

Oct 18, 2018
isle of lewis
Why isn't it legal? You can buy the 750watt version? The Geo looks ok too. Same head angle and Reach as the Merida E160. Quite long chainstays but shorter than the Haibike Xduro. 700Wh Battery. Looks like a good deal. My mate is looking into the total cost after import.
I would advise him against the 2000w Ludicrous model as it will push the motor too hard and murder the battery

inwoods

Jul 31, 2018
Poulton-Le-Fylde.
The 2000w version does have a power dial 1-10 650w to 2000w so could be kept on a safer setting than full power.

Bike looks awesome im considering one, £2871 shipped to the uk for the standard one, add £236 for the 2000w version.

Last edited:

crazymac680

Oct 18, 2018
isle of lewis
Yeah I seen you could tune it. A good option to have for resale too. I wonder if Luna would install a no assist option over 25km. Otherwise the 750w would continue past that speed making it illegal. They do tune the bikes already and they would need to slap a couple of stickers on it.
An EAPC must have pedals that can be used to propel it.
It must show either:
  • the power output
  • the manufacturer of the motor
It must also show either:
  • the battery’s voltage
  • the maximum speed of the bike
Its electric motor:
  • must have a maximum power output of 250 watts
  • should not be able to propel the bike when it’s travelling more than 15.5mph
An EAPC can have more than 2 wheels (for example, a tricycle).

jerry

Dec 22, 2018
Belgium
The only thing, you'll achieve, is killing your derailler and chain in no time. What good is that!

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
I would love to see a review from anywhere other than the Luna website or the associated websites. I believe Luna is a company trying hard to do the right thing as they see it. And as they see it, 2000 watts is a valid choice? I agree! if I want to blow up a cassette doing ludicrous stuff, then so be it. (disclaimer- as long as its on private property with consent).

I would absolutely be interested in one of these Ludicrous opted bikes, with a belt drive, and rolhoff hub.:devilish:

Last edited:

Slowroller

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
Wyoming

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles