Low BB...

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
After exclusively riding the Levo for over a year, the thing that stood out for me on my first ride on the E 180 was what my son referred to as "self righting". On that ride my son rode the Levo whilst I rode the Whyte...then we swopped bikes a couple of times, so we were getting a good idea of how the 2 bikes differed in their handling. What my son meant by "self righting" was the fact that you could lean the bike in a turn and it was so easy to pick the bike up and immediately lean it the other way.....so easy it almost felt as if the bike was automatically self righting. I noticed the same thing. What it amounts to is that the Levo is by comparison felt top heavy and seemed to require more effort to bring the bike back to an upright position after leaning it over, let alone leaning it immediately in the other direction. That "top heavy" feel also meant it was slower to correct and required more physical effort.
There are of course other differences between the bikes and I love riding both so that is not intended as a criticism of the Levo. Overall I prefer to ride the Levo on XC type routes and milder downhill forest trails but definitely choose the Whyte for more severe terrain and steeper/more gnarly downhill where it provides much more security and capability.

Rosemount

E*POWAH Elite
May 23, 2020
Qld Australia
Come to MFP, they said.. There are kitten GIFs, they said ...

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles