Loving this LT Demo

ka4564

Feb 11, 2019
cornwall
Been trying a few bikes recently and now down to 3 ( Trek - Spesh Levo -Cube 160 race) yesteday the Levo was ahead following a a good few days on the trails. Today on my own local routes the Trek as got itself ahead.
Day one Cardinham Woods in Cornwall - the Spesh was very lively and easy to throw around, I had to dial the settings down a little as the bike would fly from underneath me on real tight uphill switchbacks, The Trek in my opinion did climb better. The difference in wheel size did take some getting used too. However if i was aked to have made a decision after day one i may have taken the levo. I liked the minimalistic feel on the handlebars i.e. no screen etc. And how it handled, but there was very little in it.
Over the next few days around my local tracks the Trek got itself in front, i grew more & more confident with the bike, may have been due to the smaller wheel size? but i have to say the Trek was supper impresive and a joy to ride. the Bosh is a little more noisier than the brosh but it made absolutely no difference to me.
both very good bikes, Im yet to demo the Cube 160 Race before spending my money, but as it stands the Trek is in pole position.

IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

Julio

Dec 21, 2018
New Zealand
My riding buddy has a Levo and I have a Powerfly LT. His is better on easy trails and on road transit / commute - due to the easy rolling tyres and 29 wheels and also the way that the motor disconnects. Mine is better in the harder core stuff and also climbs better. But the drag of the Bosch motor above the speed cut out makes it a pig to commute on at speed. Once we are on trails proper, I can't get the smile off my face!

ka4564

Feb 11, 2019
cornwall
i know what you mean Julio - the bosh is a lot more agressive when it starts to restrict the speed, I didnt feel it so much on the brose. I did get up to 34 mph downhill on the trek today , i guess this was due to momentum. i will be taking it out on a tarmac run tomorrow to see if it does become a negative over the levo. as you say your friends levo will roll a lot quicker due to the 29in wheels. is it a strong negative for you, would it change your choice of bike if you had your choice over again?

Julio

Dec 21, 2018
New Zealand
i know what you mean Julio - the bosh is a lot more agressive when it starts to restrict the speed, I didnt feel it so much on the brose. I did get up to 34 mph downhill on the trek today , i guess this was due to momentum. i will be taking it out on a tarmac run tomorrow to see if it does become a negative over the levo. as you say your friends levo will roll a lot quicker due to the 29in wheels. is it a strong negative for you, would it change your choice of bike if you had your choice over again?

For the riding that we do - mostly rolling easier trails - yes I would change to a Levo (and upgrade the fork if I coild afford it). I came off a 29er Transition Bandit and was looking for an eBike with more modern geo. I went for better spec parts for buck with the Trek, but in retrospect the Levo would have suited my needs and trails better. If I rode more trail parks and singletrack, the Powerfly would be great, but easier trails, cycle paths and occasional singletrack that we mostly ride, the Levo is better.

ka4564

Feb 11, 2019
cornwall
Thanks thats really interesting and honest seeing as you have one -I think you're absolutely right though -I probably will be more single track than dedicated trails.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I have a 2017 LT8. It's great. It's not the most modern bike out there these days, but it's more bike than I need, and a lot cheaper than a Levo.

If I was buying now it would be a Vitus or Commencal, neither of which were available when I bought the Trek.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles