Loving the e-mtb experience! (Kenevo Comp 2020)

PsiLoCybia

Oct 22, 2019
Ely
A bit of background, I've been a road rider for around 7 years and MTB for a couple years. I had a Deep Vein Thrombosis 2 years ago which has left me with severe post thrombotic disease. The vein in my left groin has a substantial blockage, this means the power that I can put out has significantly dropped. Prior to the DVT I could hold 250w for an hour, now I cannot go over 150w for more than a minute or so without my leg swelling and having to stop and rest whilst the veins catch up (basically over 150w my vein can't get the blood out of my leg as quick as it goes in!). I moved to MTB after the DVT as it was more social and stop start, so much better suited to my condition. However, I always felt bad as I tend to slow the others down.......enter the E-bike!

Now had three rides out with my analogue buddies, a couple fairly easy social rides and one full on balls to the wall session. Prior to getting the Kenevo I simply could not have done the ride we did this weekend, with the Kenevo I could, and still had a full on workout.

Today, I went out for a short blast on my own. This is the first time I have stayed in turbo all the way, and my goodness, that was the most fun I've had on a bike in a long while :giggle::giggle::giggle:

The great thing is it has opened up more riding opportunities, on my analogue I simply couldn't go out in wet muddy conditions as it was just too much work. For me, this really is a game changer.

Before and after pics of my muddy adventure this afternoon.....
20191122_141355.jpg
20191122_151016.jpg

Last edited:

PsiLoCybia

Oct 22, 2019
Ely
That's exactly how I felt. Suddenly I could ride properly again out in the wilds. It was amazing.

That leg business sounds nasty. Given surgeons chuck stuff up the leg veins to do all sorts of heart surgery, can they not "ream it out" a bit?

I know, you're thinking, "this guys a qualified surgeon, I can tell" but I'm really not.
Recently saw a surgeon about whether I can get a stent, but the risks outweigh the benefits. I can still maintain a normal lifestyle, it was only the cycling that was affected, so gave me the perfect excuse to get the Kenevo ;)

Last edited:

sisuman

Aug 11, 2019
Vermont USA
A bit of background, I've been a road rider for around 7 years and MTB for a couple years. I had a Deep Vein Thrombosis 2 years ago which has left me with severe post thrombotic disease. The vein in my left groin has a substantial blockage, this means the power that I can put out has significantly dropped. Prior to the DVT I could hold 250w for an hour, now I cannot go over 150w for more than a minute or so without my leg swelling and having to stop and rest whilst the veins catch up (basically over 150w my vein can't get the blood out of my leg as quick as it goes in!). I moved to MTB after the DVT as it was more social and stop start, so much better suited to my condition. However, I always felt bad as I tend to slow the others down.......enter the E-bike!

Now had three rides out with my analogue buddies, a couple fairly easy social rides and one full on balls to the wall session. Prior to getting the Kenevo I simply could not have done the ride we did this weekend, with the Kenevo I could, and still had a full on workout.

Today, I went out for a short blast on my own. This is the first time I have stayed in turbo all the way, and my goodness, that was the most fun I've had on a bike in a long while :giggle::giggle::giggle:

The great thing is it has opened up more riding opportunities, on my analogue I simply couldn't go out in wet muddy conditions as it was just too much work. For me, this really is a game changer.

Before and after pics of my muddy adventure this afternoon..... View attachment 22037 View attachment 22038
Like the color, doesn't show the mud!

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
It was largely thanks to your great comparison of the Specialized e-mtbs that led me to getting the 2020 comp, so thanks Christian, can honestly say that every ride it puts a huge grin on my face, can't wait to get to Bike Park Wales to tackle some downhill!
Awesome! Always glad to help people out. After my injury I couldn’t ride like I used to and to an extend I still struggle on the big rides but after buying the ‘19, the fact I had the option to get out and actually enjoy myself is priceless.
I’ll never be my former glory but the ebike has allowed me to get out almost anywhere I like at a pace that suits me.

Ebikes rule!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles