Loose battery?

Noobster

Aug 12, 2019
Yorkshire
Just got my vitus e sentier a few days ago and took it for its first little off-road experience today. Small jumps and bumps. But the battery sounds wobbly and after some jumps and drops the bike would litterlaly just shut off like I had removed the battery.

I've seen alot of people with this problem but no one seems to say specifically which bolts I need to tighten or.loosen?

I really don't want to take it to LBS if it's a 2 min Jon with Allen keys.

If someone could explain to me what to do I would be more than grateful.

Thanks all and happy riding

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
  • Remove the battery using the key
  • next remove the upper battery mount plastic casing screws and remove the casing
  • underneath you will see the top mounting bracket/mechanism and the screws which hold it in position.
  • losen those screws just enough until you can move the mount up or down.
  • position the bracket until it holds the battery in place with no play.
  • This will take a little trial and error and you'll also need to place the plastic cover back on to check positioning (but you don't need to replace it's retaining screws until you're happy it's in the correct position)
  • when you're happy with the position torque the mounting screws properly and replace the plastic cover, screw that down too and replace your now securely fitting battery.
;)

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
  • Remove the battery using the key
  • next remove the upper battery mount plastic casing screws and remove the casing
  • underneath you will see the top mounting bracket/mechanism and the screws which hold it in position.
  • losen those screws just enough until you can move the mount up or down.
  • position the bracket until it holds the battery in place with no play.
  • This will take a little trial and error and you'll also need to place the plastic cover back on to check positioning (but you don't need to replace it's retaining screws until you're happy it's in the correct position)
  • when you're happy with the position torque the mounting screws properly and replace the plastic cover, screw that down too and replace your now securely fitting battery.
;)
Thanks for the nice write up. My wife's (hehe) BMC Speedfox battery doesn't seem to pull in far enough, and is creaky. Its tight up down, that's for sure, but not flush... anybody else seen this?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles