TREK RAIL MODEL 9, 7 ,5 2020/21

1630395031560.png

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
44 quid seems a bit steep for a bit of flat sheet bent to shape and some longer bolts. The Trek guard is only £18.

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
44 quid seems a bit steep for a bit of flat sheet bent to shape and some longer bolts. The Trek guard is only £18.
There were a few people posting about cracking the stock one. I posted this for those guys that were looking.... This one won't crack and need to be replaced more then once. I guess they bash into rocks a bit more than you do. Anyways I have $10k into my Rail, which I think is about £7250. I'm not really worried about 44

Black8917

Jun 17, 2021
PNW
I've cracked couple cooling fins in my motor. The guard should have enduro motorcycle style sidewings to protect the motor.
I did the same landed in a nasty rock garden. Until they make one that protect the fins I’m staying stock.

beej

Subscriber
Mar 29, 2021
Melbourne, AUS
They seem to sell the metal Protect EMTB units from the first post above in Australia. AUD$120ish. Bit steep for a bit of bent, painted metal. But as someone mentioned, it's for a AUD$12,500 bike, protecting one of the more expensive components on it other than the frame. Just wish it was 6 months from now when I'll have access to a plasma cutter and a sheet metal bender.

I notice the carbon ones, like Rockguardz, flare out a little in width where the battery's cooling fins are. The Protect EMTB units don't seem to do this. Are hard strikes in this area (cooling fins) a common concern?

disclaimer: Haven't owned or ridden a Rail but it's very likely I'm going to pull the trigger on one within the week. Just reading up on parts to get while I wait for it to arrive. One of these and protective film are at top of the list along with some Minions.

Jaybee59

Subscriber
Jul 1, 2021
Reno
Just ordered one for log and rock bashing here in beautiful Colorado! Mine came to $89US with overseas shipping and BS. Lets see...a $4000 frame, $1500 motor and the hassle vs. $89...just sayin!
Thanks BiGJZ74 for the heads up! My 21 Rail AXS Thanks you also!

Another One

Feb 28, 2022
London / Wakefield
Im a bit lost here as the OEM guard is a doddle to remove
The after market guard uses longer bolts and sits on top of the oem one
Hope this helps .
That’s correct and the bottom side connected by Velcro which I initially thought would not hold but have not an issue since fitted and loads of strikes hardly a mark. Also my bike is a cube but same product, for overseas buyers the seller also has these on EBay would that not be cheaper for shipping.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles